Anyone in the UK who has recently (Sep/Oct 2021) received the CSL DD & have had no problems so far?

For PC users only please, thanks.

Please include what wheel you are using and what firmware or drivers too. Did you had to troubleshoot anything?

Much appreciated!

Only thing is, I do not see how anyone who have had no issues will be on these forums. 🤔

Most probably too busy enjoying using the base. ☺️ Seems natural to only get on forums for ideas during troubleshoot.

Comments

• Yeah you might not be pulling from a very wide answer pool here lol.

FWIW, the only issues I've had with my CSL DD have been due to my computer itself and a couple of janky USB ports. Long as I avoid those, no issues.

McLaren v2 wheel, 415 drivers.

• It does seem like the forum is full of problems with the CSL DD which is a bit concerning because I too have one on order but it's the same with most forums, people only post there when they have problems, all the people who have no problems don't have a reason to post.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi David,

Satisfied customers rarely take the time to make posts to say their hardware is operating normally. So far, the Fanatec Technical Support has not seen an unusual number of issues with the CSL DD. In fact, the issue rate is significantly below average for electro-mechnical hardware. So please don't be concerned. Of course if you are unfortunate enough to run into an issue, the support team is there to help.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hello David

Hoping you can help me. I have just received my fanatec CSL DD with the CSL pedals and the McLaren gt3 v2 wheel today i got it fitted and connected up.

But it seems to be typing opening and closing random things and shutting down my pc.

i have updated all the firmware during the first attempt my pc shut down second attempt was fine

The second strange thing was when I was lapping in test drive on iRacing it kept sending messages and what typing random letters before just shutting down my pc again

this only happens when the wheel base is powered on

Do you know what’s going on and how to fix it ? Thank you

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited October 2021

Have you tried a different USB socket? I am using a USB3.2 socket at the back.

On a separate note;

CSL DD, CSL pedals and McLaren V2 all firmware updated ok.

• edited October 2021

It happened to me too. The solution is to change the keyboard, I changed to a different keyboard and everything works fine. The usb 2.0 port is better, the 3.0 sometimes gives problems.

• I received my CSL DD (5 Nm) and McLaren GT3 wheel on Tuesday. I didn’t have any issues with the set-up and testing. I’m using the latest 415 drivers.

Like you I was a little concerned about the posts from people having problems, but realised it is often the luck of the draw with tech.

After a few days of testing in ACC, I’m impressed with the CSL DD and the wheel. They are quite a step up from a G29.

I’ve now ordered the boost kit for the complete experience.

• No issues for me as of yet..

Dd + boost

Macca v2