CSL DD typing and randomly controlling things

Hello.

Hoping someone can help me.

I have just received my fanatec CSL DD with McLaren gt3 v2 wheel today i got it fitted and connected up.

But it seems to be typing opening and closing random things and every so often shutting down my pc this only happens when the base is powered on.

has anyone had any issues like this or know what’s going on and how to fix it ?

Thank you

CSL DD, McLaren GT3 V2 wheel, CSL pedals

driver 415 all firmware updated

Comments

• Don't have an DD yet, however I had this similar issue with a joystick a while back, which fired random button-presses. Have you tried another USB port ( I'm guessing you have it plugged in a front-port?) so perhaps one on the back of your pc?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Adrian, I agree with Harold's suggestion, you should try a different USB port. Would also be interesting to know if you're getting the same issue with only the base connected to the PC (nothing attached to the front or back of the base).

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I had it plugged in the rear ports and tried all the rear ports

I had one person somewhere else saying it could be EMI so I have spent time this morning sorting cable management and about to see it that has helped

if not I will try unplugging the pedals and disconnecting the week from it and just having the wheel base see it that help

• Issues still persists after cable management.

when disconnecting wheel and pedals the issue doesn’t happen

no issue with base and wheel

issue returns when pedals plugged into wheel base with no wheel

• no issues with just base and base and wheel

issues immediately returns when pedals are plugged in

• Adrian WoodAdrian Wood Member
    edited October 2021

Issues also immediately returns when pedals are plugged in via the USB adapter but only when the base with no wheel is powered on

So I am basically left unable to drive as I can’t use the CSL pedals with the CSL DD

• edited October 2021

What if you connect the pedals through the base and not via USB to the PC?

I know it is a bitch to switch around the cables if on the rig, but you might be able to gain access if you remove the heel plate.

CAUTION: IF YOU TRY TO CONNECT THROUGH THE BASE MAKE SURE THAT THE USB CONNECTION OF THE PEDALS TO THE PC IS OUT OR ELSE YOU MIGHT DAMAGE THE ELECTRONICS BOARD OF THE PEDALS IF BOTH ARE CONNECTED AT THE SAME TIME.

• Viktor JanebaViktor Janeba Member
    edited October 2021

I had had this before on an AMD X570 chipset. Turned out USB ports were overloaded. Plugged the base and pedals through powered (!!!) usb hub and everything was fine then.

• What else are you using with USB through the motherboard? I am using the B450 chipset and it is all good. Only keyboard and mouse are the other USB peripherals.

• Im having the same problem. random keystroke inputs3

no issues if i unplug the base usb