Motor Firmware Update Failed

Hello, I got my CSL-DD yesterday and tried to update the firmware for hours. 
Base and steering wheel firmware installed without problems, motor firmware does not work. 
I removed all old drivers beforehand. Apparently the engine is not recognized, 
I gave up now and wrote to support, waiting for an answer. Are there more people with the problem? 
ok i don't speak english so this text is from ogel translator, sorry

Comments

• Yes - I have the same problem. Support is issuing an RMA.

Frustrating to say the least considering how long I've waited for the DD. No explanation as to what exactly is wrong or why.

• Oh yes that's really frustrating, I got an answer from support in the meantime, 
    I should install the latest beta driver, but it didn't work. The base refuses to update the motor firmware. Lets see how it goes on.

• They Really need to work on Improving the Update Process.

It seems to randomly Brick things, wether its a Base or a Wheel, very frustrating especially for quite expensive Products such as Fanatecs Lineups.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Peter, that's not normally the case. A firmware update failure that is not caused by external factors (e.g. power loss or data disconnection during the flash) is usually a result of a hardware issue that has only revealed itself as a result of the update process, rather than being caused by the update process itself. For instance, in the example posted by the OP, the motor firmware being unable to update indicates a possible hardware issue. We have made some important steps recently on the driver side to improve these processes.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Dominic, thanks for the info. Have you also made some important steps towards improving hardware quality? This CSL DD issue makes it two RMAs in a row for me...

• Sorry but if the firmware update software simply deletes the installed firmware without making sure that a flashable firmware is available and simply ignores error messages then this is simply bad programming.

• I received mine yesterday and stuck in the same process right now ... any updates how to solve this?

thank you,

günther