Hard Stop ... not stopping

So while calibrating my steering wheel, I presumably pushed a little too hard and the steering wheel went through the hard stop.

Now, there is no hard stop any more - when turning on, the wheel spins endlessly to the right. Is there a simple fix for this? I'm most decidedly out of warranty so am happy to take this apart if necessary. Thank you.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    edited October 2021

Hi Philip, if you are using a belt-driven wheel base, then the hard stop will indeed be broken. If it was allowed to spin too much in one direction then it would have also damaged the cables that connect to the quick release pins.

Please contact support. Even if you are out of warranty, they can give you the best advice on what to do next.

You can contact them by creating a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account, or you can try the Live Chat feature, open Monday to Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. (CEST). Live Chat is active whenever you see the headset icon on the site.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thank you - I reached out to your support contact and am getting an RMA shortly.