My 8Nm CSL DD lost half its FFB power

I was driving in ACC with my fanatec CSL dd with a formula carbon steering. (beta driver 423). I run it at 58% FFB level in the game. (100% fanatec control panel)

Halfway during a lap I lost about half my FFB power. It totally disconnected the power and restarted everything in the hope to get the FFB power back, but no luck. Also on 100% it doesn't feel like 8nm anymore. Can it be my csl dd switched back to 5nm? I tried reconnecting the power supply as well.

As I am in the middle of a leauge I prefer not to send back the DD as of now. Is there a way to check if the CSL dd is still in 8nm mode (instead of 5nm mode?)

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Sander,

Have you checked that the 'LIN' is still on 'Peak' and 'FOR' is also at 100?

• edited October 2021

Thank you for the fast reply Dominic

Yes LIN = peak and FOR = 100.

I tried changing the values to make sure they are set correctly. I also checked the power supply connector. That still sits fine. I also measured 2x ground and 2x 24v on the power pins which I assume is fine.

On thing I noticed from the beginning: at heavy curbs it felt like my steering wheel wasn't 100% fitted. Like it sat a bit loose and had the chance to move a bit when hitting a heavy curb. (I fixed the quick release with the provided screw). When this happens I also hear a hard "click" sound. As I reduced the FFB a little overtime this didn't happen or only in some very extreme situations. Now this makes me think that something wasn't properly fixed inside the base itself...

I am not looking forward sending the base back as I am in the middle of some leagues and have a 24hour race upcoming.

Any suggestions are welcome!

• edited October 2021

An update on this: after changing steering wheels (formula carbon to the porsche 918 rsr and back), while in game, the FFB power came back. I still don't understand why that helped instead of a power cycle... If it happens again I will use this topic to post my findings on this issue.

• This happens to me too. And only in ACC.

• That's happening to me now.

I was racing and suddenly FFB switched OFF and came back some seconds later. Problem is, that FFB it's been significantly lower. I had to increase the "Strength" in iRacing from 11 units to 13.5 and still does not feel the same (car weights less, much less).

I also have the 8NM version but with the QR1. I'll try to install the plastic one that came with the wheel (Mclaren GT3) and see if that solves the problem...

• Tony RichterTony Richter Member
    edited November 2021

I got my CSL DD a few days ago and I have the feeling that I got the same problem.

I put my FFB strength to 100% in the driver/Fanalab and in ACC and the Force seems to be on quite a low level. It is not as strong as my previous wheel, T500, on 80%.

I got a McLaren GT3 V1 wheel with the metal QR. I also got the Boost to 8Nm

Any help on this?

• Have been the problem with the FFB to weak for a few days ... The FFB feels weak in contrast to before, with the same settings ... at ACC, RF2, marty I have to strengthen the FFB strength in the game now at 15 -20% increase by about the same FFB strength, but it does not feel like this problem ... I have updated drivers and firmware, other USB ports tries unfortunately no success ... CSL DD

Maybe there is someone who has solved this problem or knows what it could be ???

• I have the same problem. CSL DD has an obvious loss in power and I cannot figure out why. None of my settings in the CSL DD or in the games have changed and my firmware is up to date.

• Have you guys found a solution for this issue? I have the gt dd wuth the booster and after the last update all of the games feel way lighter across the board acc f1 wrc10 all of them. I used to break a sweat at 100% in game settings and now it feels like a walk in the park

• Hello,

I also had this problem with the CSL dd 8nm.

The problem of loss of power happened to me or disappeared for no reason.

I ended up determining the cause: The 6-pin connector connected to the base must lack rigidity and as soon as I touched the power cable the problem could arise.

No more problems since I made sure it was pushed in firmly and the power cable was away from my legs.

I hope this can help some of you

• i have the same problem my base feels more weak now have any solution for this guys ?