[Solved] Csl DD Dissappears in fanalab and control center

Received the DD yesterday but it only last three hours....

In the race suddenly the message controller changed.

When I mount the wheel (porsche 918) the base and wheel dissappears from the control panel and fanalab.

When I start the base without the wheel it shows the base.

Tried the Beta software and re-installed several times....

Is it the Wheel itself?? Or the base?

Comments

• Problem is solved.....

Turns out that the aluminum shaft was not all the way in.

Loosen the clamp.... Pull the shaft out and put it back in.

• This happened me too. My wheel (McLaren GT3) and base (CSL DD) were connecting and disconnecting constantly. A lot of force is needed to connect the wheel fully to the base. Its not as easy as appears in the fanatec how-to videos.

• I haven't had the connection issues, but agreed totally about the amount of force required. I have mine mounted to a wheelstand, and even after coating the metal shaft with a few drops of silicone based oil, I still have to pull hard with both hands while bracing the stand with my legs, or the whole thing will topple over into my lap. I'm guessing it's all due to variations in manufacturing tolerances. I'm ok with it though, I don't have any other wheels to swap on or off, and if having a tight connection like this means less chance of rattles or unwanted play between the wheel and base, then that's fine by me.

• Same here. +1

Only removed the wheel once before. Was a really tight fit. And thereafter just kept it on. No other reason to take it off as I have only 1 wheel.