Fanatec elite V1.1 tick noise

When I turm my wheel from left to right or right to left with a little bit of force in game / in a corner I get a pretty loud clunky noise. It sounds like something is loose or not fit tight enough. I have tried manny things, like screwing bolts in the base more tight or bolds in the quick release and more. Also when you hear the noise my quick release goes 1mm forward and backwards. I would like to hear and explanation.

Sincerily,

Thijs

Comments

• It is caused by play between the wheelbase shaft and wheel QR. This is due to manufacturing tolerances. If it is excessive, I suggest contacting support.

• "clunks" are normal for both the CSL E and less so but still present for the CSW. If it's happening all the time, or with low forces, that's not normal.

I've -heard- that tightening the main screws that connect both the shaft to the wheelbase, and QR to the shaft (not the ones that connect the QR to a wheel!) can make it better, but this voids warranty and, without knowing torque specs, overtightening can actually make the unit fail due to how screw runouts become dug in.

My "clunks" on the CSE v1.1 are usually from rapid left-right/right-left force changes. In assetto corsa I tune the FFB to max out when it would max out in real life, and rarely have clunks. iracing is a different beast, seems to happen much more easily.