Fanatec Driver 429 (428/427beta before) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
Changelog of driver 429 (hotfix of 428 and 427 beta)
(To see changes of previous versions, look here https://forum.fanatec.com/categories/beta-drivers)
Firmware versions included
- CSL DD: 22.214.171.124 (NEW)
- CSL DD Motor: 126.96.36.199
- CSL DD WQR: 188.8.131.52
- CSW V1 Base: 687
- CSW V2 Base: 687
- CSW V2.5 Base: 687
- CSL E Base: 687
- CSL E Base PS4: 687
- DD1 / DD2 Base: 689 (NEW)
- CSL/CSW Motor: 22
- DD1 Motor: 41
- DD2 Motor: 41
- SW McLaren: 32
- SW McLaren V2: 41
- Formula V2: 41
- Podium HUB: 6
- Podium BME: 18
- CSL SW WRC: 4
- CSL UH: 3
- CSP V3: 1.32
- CSL EP LCK: 1.10
- USB pedals now supported by the new UI
- Improved rotary input detection in UI
- Fix for jumping / jittering sliders
- Fixed missing hint fro [APM] on Steering Wheel Page
- Fixed wrong hint for [MPS] on Tuning page
- Fixed UI not re-opening after closing Firmware Manager
- Fixed vibration tests not working if BLI is not set to OFF
- Added/improved support for ClubSport SW UH/UHX V2
- Added/improved support for ClubSport SW BMW V2
- Added/improved support for ClubSport SW RS
- Fixed issue where BMW GT2 funky switch had ghost inputs to all other buttons. Slight draw back, input can have very short interruptions during long press.
- Fixed high torque not available with some wheels which have a metal QR mounted.
- Fixed FF, FOR, SPR, DPR and FEI not affecting the FFB directly on setting change.
- Fixed NFR getting deactivated after changing wheel base mode.
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the wheel base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are still working on a fix which needs an extensive re-write of the P DD firmware which is why it takes so long.
CSL E WB, CSL E WB 1.1, CSW V1, CSW V2 are currently not shown correctly in the new UI and the old UI has to be used as a workaround until we fix it in the next version. The old UI can get accessed via the "USB Gamecontroller" overview of Windows.(fixed with 428)
How to use the new function to collect log files
- Open the new UI via the desktop short cut or search for "Fanatec Control Panel".
- Go to the settings page.
- Press the "Collect Logs" button.
- This may take ~30 sec to collect all log files and put them into a .zip archive.
- The folder with the .zip will appear and you can upload it to the forum when reporting an issue.
Test motor firmware for Podium DD
- Improves motor calibration to remove sticky feeling on direction changes. People which liked to remove the motor calibration with the last versions should give this firmware a try.
- Fixes issue of wheel moving slightly back and forth after resting it in some positions.
- Open driver UI
- Go to the update page
- Open firmware manager
- Click on manual update in the top right
- Click on motor firmware update
- Use the three dots to browse the correct file, note there is one for DD1 and one for DD2
- Flash firmware
Compatible FanaLab Version:
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if its caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs