Is the GT DD Pro wheel compatible with other bases?

Is the GT DD Pro wheel compatible with the CSL Elite (PS4) wheel base? And does it work with PC wheel bases?

Comments

• Tim KocksTim Kocks Member
    edited December 2021

Is the GT DD Pro wheel compatible with the CSL Elite (PS4) wheel base?

Yes should be the answer.

As it has the same shaft locking system and dimensions. I think all bases are compatible with all wheels, there might be some inputs that are not working, like rotary encoders or the display, but I would be surprised.

From the product page:

"All Fanatec CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels. All Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels (currently the Podium Button Module Endurance is not supported)"

might be outdated, but would suggest compatibility is highly likely.

Maybe the upcoming QR system won't be compatible with current wheelbases without some form of adapter.

And does it work with PC wheel bases?

Yes, the PS compatibility is something added to the 'standard' wheelbase. As Sony charges money, they provide other options without it. Otherwise it should be exactly the same (except in the CSL DD PRO also the wheel base shell).

The CSL DD PRO Base itself is compatible with all supported platforms (PC/XB/PS), so it should be. I don't know if it'll work with wheelbases that are not compatible with a certain (console) platform, but I would think platform compatibility is mostly a wheelbase thing.

• It should be the answer, but I haven't seen it officially confirmed anywhere. There might be a clause in the Sony license that says the GT wheel is only allowed to work with the official GT base, or something like that.