Experiences and problems with a new CSL DD

Hi guys,

I received some days ago my new CSL DD bought almost 2 months ago. And, if you don't mind, I would like to tell you how it was from when I plugged it the first time, until now, because I'm honestly feeling a little sad with the product due to some problems I don't know how to deal with.

2 days ago:

1.- I connect the base for the first time and I start hearing the noise from the boost power supply (Support Request 132804 CRM:000000700288502).

2.- I downloaded drivers 433 and installed them (picture attached)

3.- With the Fanatec Control Panel version 433, I updated the firmware that the program requested.

4.- After that, without any modifications on config (all by default FFB 100%) I went to ACC to test everything for the first time.

5.- My sensations were good. The steering wheel felt very strong and consistent.

Important mentions:

At this time, when I tried to crash with the car, I had to take my hands off the steering wheel due to the force and abruptness in the movements of the rim, which, I found it very realistic.

The steering wheel display didn't work at any time.

I couldn’t complete the description through the web. Seems like there is a character max limit. I complete it replying this email.

1 day ago:

1.- I wanted to fix the problem of the display. I looked into the forum, and I noticed I didn't install Fanalab.

2.- I installed Fanalab 1.60.6 (picture attached). Once in the program, I saw a recommended setup by Fanatec for ACC particularly, which, I activated it.

3.- After that, I went again to ACC to test if the display works or not.

4.- The display worked. But a new problem appeared. The dashboard of the car were permanently blinking as if the information display was continually changed (video attached).

5.- With this problem, I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall it. Additionally, I unplugged and checked if everything were correctly plugged.

6.- Once everything were reinstalled, I tried again ACC. The car's dashboards kept blinking and now, a new problem appeared. There was no FFB at all. The base looked like dead.

Today:

1.- After searching on the forum and the fanatec web, I saw the info shown on the page of CSL DD downloads (picture attached). So, I tried to reproduce the scenario I felt 2 days ago when the only one problem was the display not working.

2.- As the image says, I installed the 429 drivers version (picture attached) and Fanalab 1.57.4 (I cannot attach more files, but I have picture of it).

3.- And finally, I go again to ACC and test everything.

4.- Now, the display is working correctly but I felt the FFB quite weaker than I felt 2 days ago (being everywhere 100% power). Cause of that, I wanted to highlight the fact of taking my hands off the steering wheel when I collide with a wall. Because now, driving normally I find it good, but if I collide with a wall, the base makes almost nothing, a slight movement very easy to handle it.

Conclussion: I'm not an expert, so, I don't know if I'm doing anything that is not correct. It's my first Fanatec product and I was waiting it very excited. But, right now I feel very disappointed with the product and its installation.

I thought Fanatec products were plug-and-play and I find a power supply making noise (Support Request 132804 CRM:000000700288502) and a very inestable behaviour of the product (maybe?) depending on the drivers installed for it. The power supply could be related too (maybe?). Electromagnetic interference (maybe?). Everything combined?.

Maybe it’s worth to relate this ticket with the power boost supply noise ticket.

Sorry for my english, it's not my 1st language, but please, I need help with this situation. I don't know how to fix it.

Regards.