csl elite v1.1 not calibrating

I have a csl elite wheel base that will not calibrate, starts turns to the right to the stop and then spins back and flashes and will not complete the calibration, Fanatec suggested blowing the dust out of the reluctor wheel. which i did. didn't fix it, took covers off and did a better job cleaning it. still not resolved. its worse now. originally it would calibrate once in ten tries and i could see it in the fanatec control panel. but when it did calibrate and i turned the wheel it would not pick up the steering inputs and jump around alot. I suspect i need the sensor that reads the wheel. fanatec wants me to send in for repair but I would just prefer to get this sensor and replace my self. Anyone had this sensor fail? can I purchase it as an individual item??

Comments

• When I have this problem, I spray the optical sensor with a syringe full of 95% alcohol, let it dry completely and it fixes it.

• Im also looking for a permanent solution, meanhile I read somewhere that if you turn on with the wheel looking up it starts without problems. It has been working for me so far.