CSLDD/XBox/ACC-Intermittent misshift, then inability to shift, disconnect, to won't go to XBox mode

New issue with CSL DD, McLaren wheel, XBox Series S

I have only been using the wheel for ~3 weeks on/off.

The wheel has been missing shifts (both up and downshifts) for the past two weeks. It would miss the initial input but respond correctly to the 2nd input (2nd shift attempt).

Today, I had a enduro race and the wheel performed ok. Then 50 minutes into the race, the wheel would just not shift up or down. The wheel ended up disconnecting. I was able to power cycle and reconnect the wheel. (obviously ruined my race.)

I continued with the race and the issue happened again. This this time after power cycling the base, I was not able to get it into XBox mode. I still am not able to get it into XBox mode. The power button stays on the red LED and doesn't switch to yellow or green. The wheel's display doesn't show messages.

When I connect the wheel base to my laptop, I get a "Firmware update" message instantly. I clicked to update the firmware.... In Fanalab however, the wheel/wheel base is not recognized.

Nothing works with my wheel right now. It powers on to the RED LED and doesn't switch anymore!

I'm not optimistic as the issues progressively got worse. What are my next steps?

https://youtu.be/ymuH1oNIOX0

Comments

• This is resolved thanks to Fanatec support (Dominic).

The symptoms that I described can happen when the quick release mechanism is not fully seated/clamped to the base. Just undo the clamp, and reseat the quick release shaft into the base, and tighten the clamp. Everything works now.