DD2 not turning on

DD2 not turning on

When i turn on the dd2 the screen lights up and shows the fanatec logo but then instead of doing the quarter rotation of the wheel the screen on the dd2 turns black and in windows the fanatec firmware updater starts up. The logs there says:

Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.).

does any one have a solution for this?

Comments

• Hello!

I have the same problem with the dd1.

I played normally for an evening, turned it off, and on the next day it only starts with the same problem mentioned above.

I already tried previous drivers (I was on 434 when it happened), but even by flashing the fw, nothing happened.

Any help would be welcome

• You should both contact support, ping issues like these are in most cases a RMA case.

• I just sent a ticket, will see. I thought it might be something that I can fix myself

Thank you for your answer !

• have you solve this problem?

• Sorry for the very late answer !

But yes I resolved the problem.

My DD1 not being on warranty anymore, I opened it and had a look. I observed that when I was closing the DD1, the power cables going on the front of the DD1 were a bit squizzed. I moved them around to avoid that and everything worked as intended and is still working like a charm 3 months after.

I recon this is still a risky move to do and would recommend contacting the support if you can.