GT DD PRO IS A COMPLETE DISASTER

Finally got my GT DD PRO EXPRESS and sold off my CSL Elite Playstation & CSL DD - complete disaster the thing isn't working and appears to be sold as an ALPHA product at a premium cost.

First off - completely unrecognized by the Playstation 5 in both PS & PS Compatibility mode, totally useless! (this is after first installing all the newest drivers). No mention of this anywhere online.

Second - in PC mode my Porsche 918 RSR wheel and the Gran Turismo wheel do not work, steering and the pedals work but that's it - not a single button works nor screen/lights work! Only working on my Formula V2.

Has anyone else experienced any of this yet and found or heard of a solution coming?

I am hugely regretting this purchase, to add insult to injury Fanatec has the nerve to sell a product that doesn't work yet for a huge express premium and then charges Canadian customers an additional $200 over and above for shipping and then use snail mail that costs them less than 50 bucks and takes 3 weeks to arrive, they then don't even know how to fill out a customs form and list the item "value" as $1100 you paid (half of which is shipping) so we have to pay 13% tax on the whole amount. This company used to make incredible products but is going so far downhill sadly. I'm still having issues with V3 pedals I bought with a huge defect in trying to get Fanatec to replace them and they're non responsive and want me to send them back first and wait 2 months without having pedals - I've been willing to give them a deposit all along. Completely unreasonable company with arrogant service and sales practice. Such a shame for a company that once made such good stuff.

Comments

• Wow, not very encouraging, i m waiting for my GT Pro Bundle since Nov 26

• Wow. Is this the norm in Fanatec's service and support??? I'm starting to wonder if I should cancel my order.

• "$200 over and above for shipping"

Holy crap. I thought the ~€23 per product here was bad.

Then again, I've also held out on buying a 52mm Fanatec to 70mm universal pattern conversion plate from the UK, to mount a normal wheel I had. The only decent one I could find was ~£25 shipping above the same amount of the actual product =/

I had not realized the QR1 I bought had the proprietary 52mm pattern, unlike the UH I own already. I just wanted to not have to swap my 330mm Sparco rim with the 280mm D-shape karting rim on my UH for racing karts or old school Formula cars.

My CSL DD also had QC issues, that I luckily was able to fix myself after a month of disappointment.

Fanatec has some great products and a good ecosystem. Just:

• Not great customer support.
    • Support ticket system on website is sometimes broken
    • Non-standard bolt patters.
    • Not allowing non-Fanatec button/shifter functionality to work with non-Fanatec wheels.
    • No good retail partners or distributors outside the EU.
    • High shipping costs.
    • Shipping costs per product add up. In stead of not paying or paying less shipping the more you order in 1 go.
    • No warranty if you are not the original purchaser, even if the product is well within it's warranty period.
    • Quality control seems to lack a bit lately.

• Don't we, as the consumers in the EU, have the guaranteed warranty even if you bought the product second hand?

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

Fanatec have warrantied a wheel (within warranty period) from 2nd owner. Case by case basis.

Though it is in writing that warranty is ONLY for the original owner.

Wondering if the issues have been resolved?

• yes, you just need the original invoice and the Serialnumber, you can then add it to your account.

• Tim KocksTim Kocks Member
    edited December 2021

I figured as much, but I remember Fanatec stating otherwise somewhere. I might've been mistaken.

also

Fanatec Warranty disclaimer EU site:

"7.2 For consumers the limitation period regarding warranty claims for used goods shall be one year from delivery of goods to the Client"

EU law:

"EU law also stipulates that you must give the consumer a minimum 2-year guarantee (legal guarantee) as a protection against faulty goods, or goods that don't look or work as advertised."

• yes, but you get 2 years of warranty on pretty much all products anyway (excluding DD1 with 3 years and DD2 with 5 years)

• I hate to see this kind of handling of enthusiastic customers that shell out big dough for premium equipment. I've been seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Podium F1 bundle and these types of comments are the only thing making me hesitate. No one wants a $1000-$2000 brick sitting in their living room or where ever. Spinning the wheel of chance is not what people want for their hard earned $$$.

That being said this is pretty advanced equipment. I have been in the position of not getting drivers installed correctly or having a bad controller cable that was shunting the works. Once solved its off to the promised land. I hope the OP gets their equipment up and functioning properly so they can still salvage a Hot Lap Christmas. Cheers.

• My GT DD Pro has been back in its box for over a week.

I am going to set it up this weekend for some ACC with friends, but I imagine I am going to regret it as it's not compatible with all games atm and I'll be disassembling it again soon after.

Some of the issues seem to be that it's too new, but I was hoping PC compatibility mode would sidestep some of this.

That said other than crashing out FH5, all the lights and buttons work and when i had it working i loved it.

In ACC i didn't have any LEDS working, but I also only ran it on ACC to see if it would crash that game out and how it felt. I have to fully set up for ACC still so I'll try and remember to let you know if there are any issues with LED's and Buttons when I do.

I did see a video where Jardier mentioned that he needed to run Fanalab to have the buttons for a wheel running on a CSL DD in order for them to work.

• I just received my CSL DD Monday, Took all day to set it up for PC, Many issues with Forza 5, Screen freezes every 10 min of game play, Running a RTX 2080 Super, Never had any issues until now, Will only work in compat mode, than freezes anyway, Had a Thrustmaster T300 running for 4 months 2 of them playing forza 5 with not 1 issue, This is not a plug and play by far, No one saying crap on YouTube except how great it is, Needs lots of updates and a better support system , I'll give it a couple months, Don't expect issues to be resolved quickly, Do a lot of research on line, YouTube will help you very little.

Best Regards

• Unfortunately Fanatec equipment is not plug and play. It is more enthusiasts level and will need tweaking and troubleshooting. Updates to firmware and drivers every now and then. All part of the experience.

• That's probably more of a Forza Horizon 5 input issue not on the Fanatec side. It happens with my CSW 2.5. It seems to work well with a controller. I'll have to spend more playing it to see if the controller resolves the problem..

• @Scott Tate Yup, it is an FH5 Issue for the most part, and as much as I don't like that answer its not something that will get fixed without the attention of Turn 10. If you look at the FH5 Wheel support you'll see the Newer wheels are not on that list. However both the CSL dd and GT Pro do work on FH5 and feel great. But Fanatec wheels do crash the game out because the game and wheel need to agree with each other. Logitech and Thrustmater wheels are working pretty well for the most part most likely because they have a larger share of the market so the developer has spent a lot more time supporting those.

@Robert Simms Don't you feel like the GT DD Pro is the first full package aimed at a more plug and play audience? I mean... It's priced, and packaged so directly at the T-GT ii wheel it's really hard not to think that the CSL DD and GT Pro are intended for a broader audience.

• ^ GT DD Pro yes, due capabilities and that's why I've got one on order.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

I am sure the Fanatec base needs more signals than a Thrustmaster or Logitech.

That is the thing isn't it?

By going mInstream, but not all games will have the necessary capability to utilise all that the Fanatec base can offer. So what happens? Something goes wrong and a signal that the Fanatec is expecting is not there and it does not work properly and blamed fir incompatibility.

Should Fanatec have just left plug n play users to Logitech and Thrustmaster and stay within enthusiasts' market?

Has Fanatec made quite a lot of money since then? Which may have in turn have lowered their economies of scale and made a direct drive available to me... 😄

• Well I'm also facing some issues playing GT Sport.

On latest driver 434 using BoostKit180, already occured 2-3 times that I lost complete response and smashed into the wall. FFB, even increasing from 5-7, it feels "lose", like barely feeling the cars grip.

Before buying DD Pro EXPRESS(premium buy imho) I was using the v2.5 wheel base with drivehub and it was less buggy.

Hope they'll fix it.

• People this wheel is great gt pro dd i got this this week Top