Re flash wireless QR firmware

Hi all,

So I've had an ongoing issue with my F1 ESports DD1 package for a while now.

When I first got the wheel it worked great. After subsequent updates it's now doing this all the time and I'm unable to drive for any length of time without removing the wheel and plugging it back in.

The wheel itself stops responding. Buttons stop working. LED freezes on whatever it was on at the time it dies. The FFB continues to work but no buttons work. The base vibrates until its reset. The only way to get it to work again is to remove the wheel and put it back on. I've done some experiments and tried driving in automatic so I don't have to change gears. The FFB keeps going for a while then it cuts out and requests the press to accept the torque key. I press a button on the wheel and it all works again.

I've pulled the wheel down and un plugged and plugged in every cable. Fanatec asked me to pull apart the QR on the motor side and un plug and plug it back in too. Didn't change anything. I've even pulled out the filter and cleaned any dust in that too.

I've re flashed all the firmware manually except for the QR firmware. I'm worndering if it's the QR issue.

Fanatec want me to RMA it but at this time of the year I'm worried I won't get it back for a while. They think it's overheating but the temperatures on the screen are all under 50deg. The QR temp is higher than the other temps at around 50deg but nothing makes the fan go faster.

So if any of you smart people know of a way I can flash the QR firmware I'd be eternally grateful.

Cheers

Comments