New in the fanatec world and I have some questions about the setup with xbox series X.

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and this is indeed my first post and I need a bit of help of the community.

Im thinking to buy the next hardware:

• DD2
  • Formula 2.5x
  • Pedale v3 or v3 inverted (for the vibrations motors) with the accessories
  • (Everything for xbox series x)
  • Track racer 160 for the dd2 (this is the cockpit, it seems to be a really good one that can hold the power of the dd3)

My goal is not to go fast but to get the most possible real simulation I can get and also for fun.

I plant to play:

• Assetto corsa
  • Forza motorsport and horizon (Its arcade but looks fun)
  • F1 2021 (same)
  • Maybe some rally game

Te questions are:

Does this setup works well in xbox series X?

Does the vibration motors of the wheel works ?

Does the led light of the wheel works?

Does the vibration motors of the inverted pedals work?

Please notice that Im pretty aware that this is a huge overkill and that the base can be dangerous so I have to start with a low ffb.

The reason for the overkill is that Im sure I gonna like it because I like to drive a lot and this is like a dream, and I don't want to be upgrading the equipment every now and then, I just want to but only once.

Discount voucher codes for the fanatec shop are welcome :)

Comments

• Does this setup works well in xbox series X?: it works, yes.

Does the vibration motors of the wheel works ?: no.

Does the led light of the wheel works?: no.

Does the vibration motors of the inverted pedals work?: no.

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited December 2021

It will work well on the Xbox. But your other 3 questions are a no. Plus not all buttons/rotaries are supported on Xbox on the wheel you want to choose.

If you want to make the most use of those options you need to play on PC. Even then it could be it will not work 100% because game has not implemented it.

• If you really want to make the most use of the tools and equipment you'll have available, I'd say instead of the DD2, go with the CSL DD + Boost Kit, and put the money you saved toward a good PC.

Xbox will work and is playable, but is very limited. In addition to buttons and LEDs mentioned already, PC has all kinds of mods and 3rd party apps and utilities available as well.

• Thank you very much for the quick response :)

That's my second step, but Right now I have an xbox and I plan to use it.

Since the vibration of the pedals and wheel does not work. I will then purchase the normal V3

About the week. since I can't get the most of it. Which wheel would you recommend me.

It would be nice to hear from Fanatec if they 've plan to address this issues with xbox series X

Thanks again!

• Its up to Microsoft to fix the Xbox issues, not up to Fanatec.

• Hmm; wrong!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-series-x-issue-support-fanatec-steering/8284746a-16f6-407c-b2fe-9cface69058e?page=4.

Please read this answer from official Xbox embassador and the first link which states they other manufacturers offer much more buttons LED‘ s support etc.

Its up to Fanatec and they are keeping their mouth shut as if this would help to keep customers happy.

Fanatec; this is frustrating and puts you in a bad light. At least we would like to hear that you guys are working on it.

• edited January 2022

He is just an ambassador, not an official spokesperson and he is wrong.

Everyone can become an Xbox ambassador. It's just a regular user like you and me, just with Passion for Xbox.

https://ambassadors.microsoft.com/xbox

It's still a limitation in the Xbox OS which Microsoft needs to open.

AFAIK Microsoft already said they are working on it as THEY are the ones who need to open their OS code and they know this very well.

• Im still surprise that nobody from fanatec is showing up in this thread. That itself say a lot to me.

• Found this article in internet.

It seems its a failure of fanatec after all. If Im wrong, pleas fanatec support, show up!

• edited January 2022

No, it's not.

• Seems that Fanatec has no employee skill who are familiar with SDK topics and that’s probably the reason why Fanatec compared to others are not able to upgrade the functionality of their products for XBOX consoles.

Alternative is that they just don’t priotizes this or worst option; they just don’t care.

For me being a customer for over 15 years it’s just sad not to hear any useful feedback (we will not do it or we are working on it).

probably I will switch to PC and if that happens Fanatec is no option anymore.

I work in the Innovation Management Space and have seen many companies that lost revenue really fast because a new company provided an alternative. We have a buyers market and customers never have been that well informed as today.

E.g. I don’t understand why Fanatec instead of closing the Pedals gap with a Podium version in their portfolio they develop products that are only useful for their marketing campaigns (e.g. BMW M4 Wheel).

• edited January 2022

Guys, come on.

There is even a detailed FAQ topic about this. I dont know why these discussions here pop-up again and again when everything was clearly said: "Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Steering wheel displays and LEDs are also not currently supported by the Xbox OS. Microsoft is in the process of opening up the Xbox OS to support more features of third-party input devices in the near future."

So there is nothing Fanatec can do, it is fully up to Microsoft to open up their Xbox OS and Microsoft is aware. You should contact Microsoft to show that the demand is there so they hurry up with their OS changes.

https://fanatec.com/eu-de/faq/details/id/94

• Because the statement is outdated or not true. The proof are other manufacturers. E.g. Turtlebeach

Let me give you an example what is possible. 

Thake this Flight Simulator Yoke from Turtlebeach which I own since a few weeks. It’s connected via one single cable to my XBSX (so extra power supply needed). 

It supports a lot more buttons the Xbox controller even has including several levers, conditional light (on the base) and even a Color display on the yoke which displays telemetry data. 

What does that tell us? Yes, it is possible to work together with Microsoft to create an SDK or API (application programming interface) to support much more metrics than the Xbox controller can.

There are official statements from MS/XBOX that it’s up to the HW provider to code the appropriate SDK‘s.

• That under my eyes is a checkmate to the topic.

Still, where is the people of fanatec? Im amaze. Can I expect the same kind of treatment if I open a support ticket? They are. just quiet so far they are selling. Shame on you Fanatec. This topic should be really clear for new customers.

All this is really making me think if I should go all in in the fanatec ecosystem.