Gt dd pro wheel base can’t update firmware

Hi all.

im having issue with updating the firmware.

ive tried updating the firmware through the fanatec firmware Updater. But after click the update. The program stopped and the wheelbase switches off.

I tried switch off and hold the power button for 10sec. But the base doesn’t go into update mode (blink led)

I’ve checked with Fanatec technical support. They couldn’t resolve the issue and asked me to ship back the base. But sending it back is a huge cost for me because I’m located in Malaysia.

anyone have any solution to this problem? I just receive it few days ago. It’s kind sad if the base is faulty.

regards.

alfred.

Comments

• if you have a support ticket ,they will email you return vouchers and it will cost nothing to return it, however its still disappointing to have to wait for the fix ,this happened to me and it was three weeks from posting back to receiving a new base

• Hey Antony. Thanks for the reply.

I spokes to Fanatec and did some teamviewer troubleshoot. According to their diagnosis, the wheelbase doesn’t go into the update mode is any way. So it’s a wheelbase hardware issue.

so probably the only way is to send back the base now. I’m located in Malaysia. So I’ll have to send to US and send back to EU. The cost is on Me apparently. So basically I’m just the very bad luck first batch buyer. I should have wait for the second batch instead of paying more and get a faulty unit.

• Alfred you don't have to sent back to US and then from there to Europe.

Where did you buy it from? US website or Europe website? Ther region you bought it from is where it has to be returned.

Check again because when a base is faulty and needs to be RMA'd, customer never being charged anything.

• Hi Alexandros.

thanks for the reply and Happy New Year.

I bought is from a local seller that bought it from US.

according to the local Seller. I need to bear the courier charge from Malaysia to US. The rest they will manage it. I have no other choice but to follow the instruction since I don’t even know who I’m actually buying from in US. So I’m kinda stuck for the new year.

i think is probably the cross border sales issue.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

Why should you bear a courier charge when it is not your fault that you received a faulty item? You need to settle it with whoever you bought it from.

• Start the individual fw update tools, don’t use the update manager from the control panel. The fw update files are located in the driver folder, pretty easily to find.

• Hi thanks for the reply.

yes. Myself and the Germany tech did this. But the base couldn’t get into update mode either on software and hardware. So the method doesn’t work.

• Asked. Seller can’t help. I need to bear the shipping cost. Too bad for me.