Preorder delayed, no notification from Fanatec

I made a pre-order for the CSL DD, csl pedals, ClubSport shifter and a wheel on November 26th. When I ordered everything was in stock except the dd and the website said availability is January 3rd. Now it's saying January 27th and the shifter is February 9th. Why wasn't there any email about this? Why was it pushed back? Why did the shifter also go out of stock? Isn't fanatec supposed to hold one for my order?

Comments

• i am in the same boat. fanatec csl dd 8nm was ordered on NOV 30 when it was available and ready to ship and now its pushed back to FEB 28th. no info no nothing. i did get my shifter but ordered that earlier than the base, but my pedals i ordered in mid December just got here yesterday so its weird to say they have warehouse issues or something is stuck on a boat. i have gotten so many different answers that i don't know what to believe other than they aren't telling us everything. they seem to have bitten off more than they could chew for their orders prior to Christmas. I'm crossed by the fact they charge people, delay the product and say oh well. they should at least make it right by doing something for the people who were misled and effected by their own issues. I'm starting to come to terms with waiting as i have no other option but its not right of them. hang in there brother

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited December 2021

Unfortunately it is one of those issues with pre-orders. Hence why some manufacturers do not give that option just so no one will be disappointed for whatever reason and them knowing that they do not have a system in place to forward personal emails to notify otherwise.

Sometimes I think it may be better if they just do not let us pre-order and only allow us to purchase when it is available, isn't it?

• The amount of posts I've seen with similar issues really shows that fanatec has a transparency issue. They need to be more upfront about what you get when you order. They might make great products but they sure know how to lose customer confidence.

• I had the same issue. I was told they do not prepare the order until everything is in stock at the same time. I had to cancel my order and go on a new waitlist for the CSL DD because they wouldn't ship my shifter/pedals/wheel separately. If one thing is not in stock when the DD comes in I do not believe they will ship the order. Try to contact them to see if you can keep your place in line for the DD and order the shifter separately.

• I am kind of frustrated as well with an order I placed on Jan 2nd. I ordered the Gran Turismo DD Pro Express Version because the website said Ready to Ship. Everything else had a March Availability date. I seen the message that from January 6th to the 17th no orders would be processed. I was hopeful that my purchase will ship before then. Those hopes were dashed when I reached out to them and they responded with this email:

"Dear Mr Waltz,

The status of your order 139XXXXX placed on 03/01/2022 has changed to “warehouse processing“.

Our warehouse is currently preparing your shipment. Once it has left our warehouse, your tracking number will be visible in your account in your order details.

Please note that no changes are possible at this stage.

The COVID-19 situation may lead to delays in our processing. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Enjoy your new Fanatec product(s) and happy racing!

Kind Regards,

Your Fanatec team"

In the same email I received a copy of my invoice shows Invoice Date and Delivery Date of 3/1/2022.

The invoice was paid on 1/2/2022, monies taken from my account etc. Seem Invoice Date should have been 1/2/2022. I digress.

Looks LIke March I will be able to enjoy the new equipment.

JW

• Jean BenekeJean Beneke Member
    edited January 2022

Lucky dude, only pay 29.93$ for transport . I paid 4 times more for the same gear ;(

Shipping costs:

$136.50

• I sent an email asking what it means when they said the following,

Your order no. 1399575 has already been processed in our warehouse

That could mean anything really. Yup we printed your order and it's not going to ship for at least a month. Or Yup we printed your order and we are shipping it tomorrow. Or yup its processed everything is on backorder so you are now inline behind everyone else before you . LOL

Im stoked to get it. I'm using an xBox controller at the moment... No Joy!

• IT SHIPPED!!!! 1/11 arrival date!!! Stoked now... Apparently the Status = The order has been processed. Means it's getting shipped. IDK... I am Stoked to say the least!!!!

• Rafael MiliaRafael Milia Member
    edited January 2022

Hey James! I believe 03.01.2022 is actually January 3rd, just a notation difference.

Also, great to hear it has arrived!