A positive experience

I am in the UK...

There are a few examples on the forum of people having bad experiences with order processing and receiving items, even after I ordered my products I was worried I had made a mistake. If I had read the forum posts before ordering, I probably wouldn't have purchased from Fanatec. However, my experience, in the end, has been positive and for the sake of some balance I thought I would share my experience

13th of December I placed my order for a CSL DD, V3 Pedals, and a McLaren Wheel.

20th December I received a notification via email titled "Your Fanatec order will be shipped soon" This email said the status of my order had changed to Warehouse processing and once the Shipment had left the warehouse I would see tracking numbers in my order details screen.

23rd December I received 3 emails with tracking numbers from UPS to say that they had my parcels and the expected Delivery Date was 31st of December.

24th December I checked directly with UPS they had indeed collected my packages and they had been physically scanned into their depot in Herne and were still on track for a December 31st Delivery.

28th December, I received an email from UPS saying import taxes were due, this was exactly 20% of the total order including shipping. I paid this shortly after receiving the email, I received another email to confirm this had been paid.

30th December I received all of the Parcel undamaged and in the expected condition.

I have been using everything for a week now and so far it all seems to be working perfectly, I don't have any alignment issues with the QR1 which one or 2 others have reported.

See you on Track

D

Comments

• Haha so what your saying is they skipped my order to ship yours instead. Positive for you bad for others, Lol. It just shows something is wrong internally where they are unorganized somehow. Sorry to throw some salt but there are many people that ordered before you who's orders should have shipped first, but good for you. Moral of the story you better hope your shipment jumps others otherwise it's going to be 3 weeks to get your product. Lol. Happy for you though man. See you on the track. What sim are you going to use?

• I'm using iRacing, so far I am really enjoying it, its going to get pricey though :( ACC I just cant get my head around yet.

• So if you are in the EU, items which are available, can get to you within 3 weeks?

I guess US and Canada are so much bigger and parcels may need to go to other shipping companies to get to you.

• Hi Derek

Thanks for sharing this. I'm in the UK too and considering putting in an order but I'm finding it near impossible to work out how much I will actually be paying once taxes and duty is factored in.

Would you mind telling me how much you paid directly to Fanatec when you ordered (and whether or not this included any VAT at purchase or whether that was paid separately at a later date in the UK), and how much you subsequently paid to UPS?

I've heard various stories of post-Brexit duty costs reaching 40% but I know it is different for different types of goods.

Thanks in advance!

• Most of the time even in a few days. Sometimes even the next day.

Although currently in the EU Fanatec has a shipping stop because they are using the start of the new year to count their inventory. There is currently nothing shipped and only after 12 Januari they will start shipping again. Ordered 29 Dec with a ready to ship item and still waiting till my order is shipped :/ Anoying thing is no where on the site any info about this... Some people received a mail explaining this and others got nothing. In my case received no info and needed to ask support. But got the same explanation.

• There is no import duty. You won't pay VAT to Fanatec. You pay VAT at 20% on the full shipped cost to UPS when it arrives in the UK. UPS also charge a fee - think it's £11.50.

• Oliver BainOliver Bain Member
    edited January 2022

Yes, looks like Fanatec remove the tax at checkout once you put your UK address in. Thanks.

• Gagaryn +1

I had to pay the 20% VAT + handling fee to UPS, when they got it from Fanatec in Germany. I just paid online and then you can see the paid status in your UPS parcel tracking information. Then it is just checking the tracking information to see your parcel moving to Stanford... etc

• Thanks All!

• As others have said but broken down into how it worked for me.

When I put items in my basket in Euros it was roughly 1200 euros, when I went through checkout 20% was taken off the price so 960 euro, then shipping as added, lets say 35 Euro. so 995 Euro was my Euro bill.

Right now that would be 831 GBP which is more or less what I paid, I then paid 20% of the 831 GBP to UPS so another 166GBP. Total cost 997 GBP.

Hope this helps

• Thanks, Derek, much appreciated! That's really helpful.