How many more have this issue?

So I just got my second CSL DD after an issue with the first one. and I want to know how many people have encountered this problem. and if it went away on it's own, after some tinkering or if you RMA.

First the problem on my first wheel was with the power delivery on the wheel causing small and week vibrations as if you are receiving a phone call. It only happened after the wheel was on for 5-10 min and could go away. When I race the problem gets worse then goes away as well but was very annoying especially as I sometimes cruse in AC and play ETS2 or ATS, at that point the problem remains and kills the experience. I thought it may have been a heat issue as when I race the back gets hot and the problem leaves but when you use little FFB the wheel stays cool and the problem stays. I RMA the wheel and got another one.

Now with the second wheel the problem is worse. will contact Fanatec, but now the problem happens as soon as I turn on the wheel and just gets worse the more I use it. there is also a grainy feel when it gets worse as if there was sand in the wheelbase. on top of that when the wheel is warm (gets warm faster now) the wheel starts making noise when I rotate it as if there was rubbing inside. it is faint but there.

I hope the third one actually works well and stays smooth, or I will have no choice but to change brands and I don't want to do that but vibrations and graininess is not normal, as this feeling is never present on my CSL Elite, and I never heard that with other DD just notchiness with the Podiums.

Comments

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited January 2022

Do you live in a hot country? Really tough luck if the same problem persists twice.

• What Sim are you running?

That "sand in wheelbase" feeling was something I've had on rF2 sometimes after escaping to pit and pressing race again, which seems to be some sort of known error and can be fixed by reducing minimum torque to 0.

Recently I've also felt that after turning the wheelbase on for about 5 or 10 minutes I've got some very small vibrations on the wheel just being on windows. It gets weaker and fades completely afterwards. Hope it doesn't get worse.

• the small jolt like vibrations are usual and don't bother me but when you turn the wheel it should feel quite smooth I would say but for me it's grainy and when you hold the wheel in a position, you feel the vibrations as if someone is calling.

and the vibrations are just on even when out of the game. I don't have rF2

• I've had the same problem with my gt dd pro which I think are basically the same unit, felt grainy after about 10-15 minutes of driving and sounded like a slight electrical current was running through it. It done this on ps4 and and pc across multiple games so I RMA the base and the second one they sent is smooth all the time even after 2 hours straight running, the bloke I emailed at fanatec told me they were aware of this issue but they weren't sure what was causing it

• I have that graining too. It disappeared when I added a fan blowing to the back of the base.

• I tried that method did not work plus makes me cold if I'm not pushing on a race

• I emailed my support guy to make sure the guys go as far as to test the wheel hard before sending it to me. because I do not want a third RMA. hope i'm lucky like you

• Did you receive the third unit? How is it? 

Basically I'm in the same situation. I RMA the first unit because of that grainy feeling. I got the second one but it's the same (exactly the same feeling).  

So I wonder if your third unit is what it should be. 

Or maybe this is how the wheel bases suppose to behave. But I guess the guys from Fanatec test the RMA unit, so since they decided to provide me a new one, it's clear that the old one had an issue.

But the new one feels the same like the old one. So ...somewhere there is a problem :)

• i have the same problem with my DD PRO bought on August 2022. I feel the wheel as it has "gravel" internally, when i steer, the car is alwais late, it seems as the car doesn't steer. i'm alwais large in every apex, and the car is late. Did you solve with special settings? od do i have to send back the wheel in RMA?