csl pedals detecting as a clubsport shifter.

i have just got the csl pedals and when i plugged them in it is detecting as csl pedals. ive tried re-plugging it in, restarting my computer and redownloading the fanatec software. if anyone knows what is wrong please let me know. thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2022

You need to update the firmware of the USB Adapter and load the Pedal Mode

• How do you do that ? The video showing how to do it seems really out of date (2018) and everything shown doesn't match to everything I have on my screen.

I have the same issue too and i'm trying to find how to change the USB Adapter from shifter to pedals. Do you know another way to do it ?

It won't even show on the Fanatec Control Pannel

• You need to open the old UI through the Windows Gamecontroller Menu as the USB Adapter is not yet supported by the new UI.

• Do I have to erase the last Update and use the driver 405 for this or no ?

I'm not sure how to do it, never exeprienced this

• no, 434 is working fine, just search for Gamecontroller in Windows and you will see the USB Adapter listed there, double click on the entry and the old UI will open where you can flash the proper firmware.

If you want you can of course also use 405 which doesnt have the new UI at all so you dont get confused. Feature wise there is zero difference when you only have the CSL Pedals connected to a USB Adapter, maybe indeed 405 is then even the better solution until driver 435 or 436 comes out with native support in the new UI for the USB Adapter.

• Ok thanks ! Now I understand ! Last question, how do I "flash" the firmware ?

• i tried doing what you said to do but nothing is working. if theres a video i can watch so i can see how to do it would be great!

cheers, Leo

• Ok I found out what was wrong for me

I had to unplug my keyboard so I can double click on the adapter and THEN I was able to switch to pedals mode

I know it's stupid but you have to go to the Windows Game Controll and double clic on it

If it doesn't show this I had to unplug everything listed AND THEN it would pop up

Now it's just plug and play, I just had to add the pedals in game