CSL DD + McLaren V2 losing connection for a split second while racing?

Had my CSL DD since the middle of November with no issues but after receiving a replacement McLaren V2 rim last week I've had 6 nstances where mid race the FFB just jams on and forces the wheel to full lock for a couple of seconds which obviously results in me crashing which is totally unavoidable.

Now this wouldn't be too much of an issue if I wasn't doing organised racing (Low Fuel Motorsports), luckily 4 of the incidents were been during practice or qualifying when I just happened to not be near any other cars but 2 of them have been mid race and lost me places. If this happens again and I end up crashing into other people then that's bad news for me as LFM have their own rating systems and incidents get reported via video and penalties and bans dished out.

Does this sound like a connection issue between the wheel and rim? If so, is it more likely to the wheelbase or the rim or the Clubsport QR? When it happens it only happens for about 1 second and then immediately fixes itself and I don't get any Windows sounds like you do when you disconnect something from the PC. I need to get to the bottom of it before it gets me banned.

Comments