Fanatec Driver 439 (Public Release) (435-437 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
- Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Tuning Menu settings
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs
Changelog since driver 434
Firmware versions included
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 691 (NEW)
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor: 42
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base: 188.8.131.52 (NEW)
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor: 184.108.40.206
- CSW V1 Base: 689 (NEW)
- CSW V2 Base: 689 (NEW)
- CSW V2.5 Base: 689 (NEW)
- CSL E Base: 689 (NEW)
- CSL E Base PS4: 689 (NEW)
- CSL / CSW Motor: 22
- Podium HUB: 6
- Podium BME: 20 (NEW)
- CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 44 (NEW)
- CS SW RS: 2
- CS SW BMW V2: 2
- CS UH V2 / UHX V2: 1
- GT DD PRO SW: 7
- CSL SW McLaren GT3 V2: 44 (NEW)
- CSL SW McLaren GT3: 33
- CSL SW WRC: 4
- CSL UH: 3
- CS P V3: 1.32
- CSL EP LCK: 1.10
- CSL P LCK: 1.60
- Fixed issue where driver switches to Auto Setup on its own, seemed to be caused by steering input changes during
- Fixed driver UI crash when using GT DD + P1 on steering wheel page
- Improved CSP V1/V2 via USB and via WB implementation in the driver UI
- Fixed issue where save/load function fails when turning the wheels before or after update
- Fixed shown blank message when starting UI while in PS or XBO mode
- Fixed Clutch Bite Point for PDD related to FanaLab issue
- Fixed driver update notification not being clickable
- Fixed CSP V2 inputs not shown correctly in UI when connected via USB
- Fixed CSW V2.5 incorrect max SEN when in standard tuning menu mode
- Fixed mouse Emulation stops working after re-attaching BME
- Fixed ghost input when changing from BME on PHUB to other wheel
- Fixed different Formula V2 Mouse Emulation picture on old belt bases
Since 435 and 436
- Removed SHO setting on tuning menu page for wheels without vibration motors
- Fixed handbrake input not shown when connected to USB pedals
- Improved start up time of Fanatec Control Panel
- Adjusted "Hide" tab option in pedals and shifter tab where it gets off-screen when using small resolution
- Adjusted option for map SEQ shifter to paddle be visible in SQ and H-Mode
- Changes to prevent anti-virus software to flag driver as a thread
- Fixed ACP mode on BME re-setting itself to CBP mode every time switching to a different tab
- Added handbrake calibration buttons when handbrake is plugged into base and no pedals are connected
- Fixed mouse cursor drift in GT Sport
- SHO setting now hidden in tuning menu for wheels without vibration motors
- Added FFB stop when disconnecting USB
- Several fixes/adjustments for Clutch Bite Point mode
CSL DD (since 439)
- Fixed issue with shifter calibration
Fixed error message of "exceeded maximum rotation" getting shown without reason
Button Module Endurance
- Added compatibility to CSL Elite WB PS4
- Improved tuning menu text consistency with Podium DD display
- Fixed LEDs being too bright since v19 firmware
- Fixed rev LEDs not working when attached to UHX V2
- Improved joystick input at min/max position
CSL WRC Steering
- Fixed not working PlayStation button in PlayStation comp mode
- Fixed QR detection of CSL UH when connected to CSL Elite or ClubSport base
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the wheel base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are working on a fix which needs an extensive re-write of the P DD firmware.
- Natural Friction (NFR) can create a weird FFB sensation and not smooth feeling after some time, we suggest to set NFR to OFF in case you experience this issue. You can raise the Natural Damper (NDP) slightly to compensate for less/missing NFR.
- When entering a game menu while driving in some games it can happen that the FFB effect doesn't get cancelled which results in the wheel turning to one side.
Compatible FanaLab Version:
It's mandatory to use FanaLab 1.61.3 or newer with this driver to prevent tuning menu settings being saved/loaded with slightly different settings.