Compatibility with Xbox one

Hi, first time setting up fanatec equipment so bare with me! Received my gt did pro this weekend downloaded the driver and updated the firmware. The website says it should be Xbox compatible but looking on line it seems I’ll need an Xbox universal hub as well. Is this correct? Will the gt pro wheel work or will I need an Xbox compatible wheel as well?

thanks for any help

dan

Comments

• edited January 2022

You need any of the Xbox compatible steering wheels to be able to use it on Xbox as Xbox compatibility comes through the wheel, not the base. Hence no, the GT wheel from the GT DD PRO wont work on Xbox.

• Thanks Maurice. Being a novice with fanatec I assumed the Xbox ready advertising on the bundle meant it would work with Xbox without having to buy a different wheel! So I won’t need a universal hub just any Xbox compatible wheel?

thanks again

dan

• Neseth KongNeseth Kong Member
    edited January 2022

There are 5 types of compatiblity. Xbox, Xbox Ready, PS, PS Ready and PC. Some wheels you'll see as PS ready but you need an actual wheel base to be PS.

Playstation authenticates through the wheel base.

Xbox Authenticates through the Steering Wheel Itself.

Xbox Ready = Requires Xbox authenticating wheel or hub to operate on Xbox.

Xbox = Licensed Wheel Authenticates with Xbox, you can use any other peripherals.

PS Ready = Needs a PS wheel base to autheticate with Playstation.

PS = Licensed Wheel base Authenticates with Playstation, you can use any other peripherals.

The cheapest Xbox authenicating wheels are the Mclaren GT3 V2 or the WRC wheel for $200. If you want to use your own steering wheel with a 6x70 bolt pattern, then the Clubsport universal hub V2 for Xbox will also authenticate the xbox for $350.

• I am also struggling to follow the compatibility. ive always had pc/playstation combo wheels but now moving to xbox.

I have a have CSL elite base/wheel for ps4. do i need to buy the universal hub and xbox wheel ($399 combo) or can i just buy the universal hub v2 for xbox ($349) and use the ps4 based wheel? if i can use this combo, will the buttons just need to be programmed how i want them i the game?

• You need ANY xbox compatible steering wheel.

You can only mount Rims and not fully assembled steering wheel to a Hub.