[Resolved] Another Fanatec Support Question

Hi everyone,

Can I just ask what is the average expected service quality when dealing Fanatec support team? I had a few orders in the past and have been happy with the items but never had to RMA anything.

I received my CSL DD last month, came out of the box faulty, completely unresponsive, tried three different computers but no luck. Anyway took a month to get it replaced. I sent it back specifically as they requested (including the power adapter). I finally received my order today, and guess what: no power adapter in the box!

I paid for this more than 2 months ago and still haven't been able to use it.

My question is (and unless they are doing it specifically to me) Are Fanatec people completely incompetent or are they doing this on purpose?

I wouldn't have sold my Thrustmaster if I knew that was going to happen... I am so frustrated and disappointed. I already paid 500 for this wheel and haven't been able to use it once. I would return it immediately if Fanatec wouldn't charge for the shipping when returning (yes they are the only seller who does that - completely unethical)

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Gurcan,

I'm sorry to hear about this. It is possible that a replacement PSU was sent separately and has not arrived yet. But if that is not the case, and a mistake was made, I will ensure that this is investigated because such a thing should not be possible. The support team will get back to you soon.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic,

Well, I can assure you that is not the case, my original order (#1353900) had one box and one tracking number, and power adapter was in it.

This replacement ( Order No:1415950) is also one box and one tracking number but your guys left a blank cardboard box in it with the size of power adapter box but without a power adapter in it... Like intentionally as I said.

I don't think it can be explained as an innocent mistake. I am probably sure you would be using other adjectives to describe this whole situation if that happened to you, so I'll leave that to you.

Thanks...

Hi Gurcan,

Of course we would not deliberately remove an item just to frustrate you, no respectable company can operate like that. There has to be another explanation, and that will become clear once this is investigated.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Well I would prefer a power cable sent to me immediately rather than an explanation. But please take your time...

Time wasted on investigations brought me here in the first place. When my CSL DD came out of the box unresponsive and I even sent a picture to make it clearer, Fanatec support team insisted on applying steps on PC as if the device was recognized. They completely ignored my original ticket that the item is unresponsive.

Let them investigate, and hopefully somewhere along the road I will get my power adapter so I can test if this CSL DD is working properly.

The team will of course send you a power adapter as soon as possible. The investigation would follow.

Support has sent a new power adapter, marking thread as resolved.

• Hi Dominic, not really.

I just completed the installation with latest the drivers. Wheel can be recognized now. But the wheel has extremely weak force feedback at highest settings. FFB was 100% and I did not change the default settings, but when I test FFB on both Fanatec Control Panel I barely feel anything. Even my phone vibrates stronger than this.

Just to give you an idea, I used Logitech G920 and Thrustmaster T300RS before and even Logitech was 10 times stronger than this wheel. I currently own and use Fanatec CSL Elite as well and I can barely hold the wheel when I click test FFB on Fanatec Control Panel. It is very strong.

I also tried at least 10 different games, it's all the same. There is no resistance and weakest vibration. I saw similar posts on the forum and see that you advise contacting Fanatec support as it might be a faulty unit, which is what I just did.

Well, I already received a faulty unit right out of the box and this was supposed to be replacement for it. I haven't been able to use my wheel ever since. Unless there is a hidden setting that I change on my own without sending this back again, could you please ask the team to give priority to my ticket and get it resolved please?