Firmware manager hangs when trying to update firmware.

I'm using CSW V2.5. It works fine, but when I try to update the firmware, the firmware manager becomes unresponsive and I cannot update.

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited February 2022

Hi,

Some things which might help or would be interesting to know for us to find the root cause of this issue.

• Do you know which firmware update was about to be made? Base? Motor? Wheel? Wireless QR?
    • Try another USB port
    • Try on another PC if available
    • Try initiating the update through starting the base by holding the power button for 10seconds
    • Try with a driver which previously worked for you

Let me know which of the above did help, if any.

You can also get log files from the driver by going to the settings page of the Control Panel. You can then upload the .zip file here.

• Hi!

I had the same issue last evening when I‘ve tried updating my new Universal Hub. At the beginning I updated my DD1 PS4 and the McLaren to the latest version. Everything went fine. After I switched to the Universal Hub, the update manager has frozen. I switched off the base and tried it again. Same issue. I shut down the laptop and the base, same issue. Today morning I tried it again and it worked.

• edited February 2022

Even if you start the firmware manager and try to close it without doing anything, it will not respond.

It didn't work with another USB port.

The same symptoms appear on other PCs.

"CSW V2.5" firmware 474

"Motor" firmware 18

Upload the log file.

ログ ファイルをアップロードします。

• i have this same issue CSW V2.5" firmware 474

"Motor" firmware 18 wants to update to 22 but it just becomes unresponsive tried all the suggestion still the same reinstalled software same tried on my laptop same problem. tried a reapir but it wont allow me to do that. anyone any other ideas?

• I’ve been having the same problem for months, and I think I figured out a fix! My csl elite wb, and lc pedals were stuck not updating forever.

I got my csl dd today (not important, process should remain the same) and after having the same “not responding” issue with it, I tried individually updating the pedals first, with the base unplugged…. SUCCESS! I plugged in my csl dd, and it updated on the first try!

Maybe I got lucky, but it’s worth a shot if you need to update, but the app won’t let you. Good luck!

• Maybe this could help: My Fanatec Wheelbase v2.5 was frozen during the firmware update, too (please wait...). The indicator-led of the wheel base had switched to green, i.e. switched to XBOX-Mode. So I switched back to PC-Mode by using the wheel-shortcut (McLaren GT3 v2: Button "N" + Button "Y", for other Wheels read the instruction manual). The indicator-led of the wheel base turned to red and the installation process finished!

• Holding power button for 10 seconds worked me THANKS!!!