CSL DD twitching and vibrating after firmware update

Looking for help please! After updating my Fanatec Control Panel to 436 (was 434) and then of course the requested firmwares from within the app, my CSL DD has been twitching every since. See here : https://youtu.be/RRcmRRkufFU

I spent about 90m this morning in a practice session and all was fine. I was just about to shut down when I noticed the update notification. I thought I'd do that and the driver and firmwares all update successfully (according to the app anyway).

It twitches about a degree or so each way, and doesn't matter whether the wheel is centred or not. You can also feel this twitching as a vibration through the wheel and as I'm turning the wheel you can feel it still, so it's not just while the wheel is light or free from load. You can also hear this vibration if you put your ear close enough. The wheel also feels notchy as you rotate it, much unlike a DD.

I downgraded the driver package to 434 and then the firmware again, as per Fanatec support docs. But the issue persist. I also then tried 429, same result. I finally put the driver back to 436 and then the firmware. Still, the same result. I did a clean uninstall of all Fanatec driver components and reinstall, same result. Finally, I went to 437 beta, same result!

It also does this while not connected to a PC, and when connected to a different PC, so I'm confident it's not a PC or driver issue. It's either a buggy firmware that won't correct downgrade or upgrade, or a hardware failure brought on by the firmware upgrade.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I've contacted Fanatec support via email (no phone number listed sadly?!) but a few working days before I even get a response is pretty poor.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Joe,

I responded to you on Reddit. What you're describing could be a unique issue that we have not come across before.

Regarding Fanatec support, I do not see your message on the system, I'm not sure what email you are referring to. The correct way to contact support is to open a Support Ticket, via the My Products section of your Fanatec account. The team is currently typically responding within 1-2 working days to these tickets.

We also have a Live Chat system on the site, which connects you directly to a support agent and can give you a near instant response during active hours. It is active at least 8 hours per day during the week. It is active when you see this icon:

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic,

Thanks for your input on this, I tried to use the chat but it directed me towards a contact form, which I did fill in and submit but on second inspection that seems to be geared more towards customer service than technical support. Sorry for that confusion, I'm just submitting a ticket through the correct means as we speak.

As for your suggestion on reddit to turn of NFR, I can confirm that is (and always has been) off. I tried tweaking all my settings (using the wheel tuning menu to turn off as many settings as possible, turning feedback strength to the lowest possible etc etc) but still the issues persists without any change in frequency or strength.