Best Driver for CSL Pedals and USB Adapter?

Hey guys, I thought it was probably best if I check here first before I do anything that will mean my pedals won't work.

I recently bought the CSL Pedals with a USB Adapter to use on my PC with my Logitech G29, but the first set that Fanatec sent me didn't work/register on driver 436 and I couldn't click on any of the buttons in the software. I tried driver 405 and this worked better as I could see the adapter showing up in shifter mode, but when I tried to update the firmware I just got the error message "error reading firmware file".

Fanatec Support suggested that I try Driver 429 but I had the same issue as I did with 436, as shown below.

I don't want to run into the same problems with the replacement set that Fanatec sent me so just thought I'd see if anyone else has had similar issues or knows what the best driver for me would be.

Comments

• edited February 2022

One tip:

Uninstall the driver from the Fanatec pedals.

Download the V 439 driver.

https://fanatec.com/driver

Restart the PC.

Install the driver.

Now the pedals should work and show up in the Fanatec Controll Panel. You can then check for updates there.

I previously had the V 434 driver and it worked, but no pedals showed up in the Fanatec Controll Panel.

Now everything works.

------------------

In my case, the control panel no longer showed the menu on the steering wheel. steering angle etc.

I uninstalled the driver from the steering wheel, restarted the PC, and then reinstalled it.

Everything is now displayed correctly in the control panel.

Although the Fanatec control panel shows the Fanatec Elite pedals, the gas and brake indicators work.

----------------

I use the Fanatec CSL pedals with a Trustmaster T150 steering wheel with the Fanatec V 439 driver.

Maybe this helps

• Thanks for the suggestion, it actually seemed for a minute like it was going to work! For the first time in the driver it showed that there was a "shifter connected via base" after I clicked on properties and came up with some wheelbase settings which hasn't happened before, although I just had the pedals plugged in through the adapter and annoyingly when I went to update the firmware I get the same message as before - "Error reading firmware file" and then the app crashes.

• Have you tried a different USB port?

I also disabled the USB power saving mode in the device manager.