CSL DD 8nm settings/strange feeling IRACING

Hi im hoping someone can help me,

Ive had my dd now for about a month and so far really enjoying it, i mainly play iracing with a 2.5k rating.

I use all fanatecs recommended settings in game and also in fanalab with a formula v2.5 wheel. When i race or practice the wheel has a very weird feeling like it is constant vibrating or maybe trying to start to oscillate, it dosent seem to happen at low speeds but as soon as it picks up it starts. For example racing the ferarri at monza this week, when you go round the first long right hander its not smooth its like its trying to oscillate mid turn or vibrates loads. Im only using 7.8 FFB for that car which shouldnt be a problem for this base

I hope someone can understand my problem and look foward to your help.

Thanks

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member
    edited February 2022

Just don't use the recommended settings :) it's a starting point but then it's time to modify to you liking.

One thing I would start doing is lowering FEI a bit from 100 to 90 and if not enough 80. This will make the wheel probably a lot more smoother and maybe already fixes your issue.

• Fanatec products are not plug and play. More enthusiasts level.

And so more tweaking and adjusting/refinement needed. Hence the feel is so much better once you get it dialled-in. You will most probably need different settings for different games and even for different cars within the same game sometimes.

Logitech/Thrustmaster is more plug & play and you forget about it.

• Fanatec disagree - they pride themselves on the fact that all their products are designed to be just that - plug and play - even up to their highest end products - https://fanatec.com/eu-en/podiumoverview

FULLY CERTIFIED, PLUG AND PLAY​

The Podium DD is the first plug-and-play direct drive wheel base, featuring integrated electronics within the main housing. It’s as easy to set up as our CSL and ClubSport series products. Rigorous EMI and ESD testing ensures stability and longevity.

• The goal is to have the most realistic feeling you can get from the wheel base you bought, not the feeling you like. If recommended settings don't provide it, they should be updated by Fanatec. Two different people should have the same feedback from the wheel, considering they use the same base and the same game. If you don't like realism then you can tweak FFB however you want but it should be an option, not requirement.

Personally I am happy with the recommended settings for AC, ACC and rF2.

• ONE single setting can NEVER be applied to work good with EVERY car. That's just completely impossible.

The recommended settings are a good starting point to work for most cars but the user has to fine-tune the FFB for every car himself as every car (of course) has a completely different character and drives different so requires different FFB settings.

• It already starts that nobody has the same preference for FFB setting on it’s own. One person wants 100%, the other likes only 40% and you can go on and on. Plus what Maurice said it can be even different per car.

Lets not start about the brake pedal with a load cell 🤪

Here I never liked the default settings Fanatec supplies. There are always a few settings I change to make it feel more realistic and to my liking. Default settings I find them always a bit to choppy and disconnected.

• There are 2 different schools here isn't it?

Whether, to be as realistic as possible or to give the feedback to enable you to change your feedback to hopefully drive quicker irrelevant whether it is realistic.

• This should be pinned on every possible forum where FFB is discussed.

I belong to the "drive quicker school".

• good morning everyone, desperate by the bad feedback from gt7 I decided to try iracing, but I practically find myself with zero feedback, I feel practically nothing until I steer more than halfway on the steering wheel, then ok... but before halfway I don't feel anything