Sony Approval for Stand Alone GT DD Pro Base?

Any update on the status of Sony approving the SKU for a DD Pro base, without the wheel and pedals?

Comments

• No new news. Still pending final approval of Sony.

• Thanks Maurice

• Bill RaynerBill Rayner Member
    edited February 2022

Does this mean my McLaren wheel (bought last week) won't work on my Gran Turismo DD Pro package, (arriving today) without the original wheel and pedals?

Thanks, Bill

• If it doesn't come out soon, they can keep it. Gonna run my Elite + till it dies and then decide if I want to buy Fanatec again. Since the blogpost over 3 months ago, they only comment on that Sony need to approve the base only and that was on the way, but don't give us any information on timeline or anything else. Rediculous.

• They gave Info on timeline that they still hope that the approval is given in time for GT7 launch which would be end of next week.

• Buy the pro package then... Your comment is a bit of a "Karen cry" that you don't get what you want.

What should the owners for the DD F1 then that they could never have bought the base without the wheel. 🤣

Sony paid for the development of the CSL DD PS so they dictate the "IF" and "when"... And sony is a headache to deal with when it comes to commercial rights.

The drama comments they can keep it or I will then decide and blah blah is not helping or not pushing anyone. It is what it is and whenever it will be. Simple as that.

• Sony has the only say on when this is approved for sale. It's not up to Fanatec in any way shape or form.

• Do you know how this approval differs from the GT DD Pro bundle already in production? Seems as easy as removing one item from a bundle, to purchase separately, but I’m sure it’s more complicated than that

• I'm guessing the issue is that by removing the wheel from the bundle, there goes your GT branding, which Sony won't like. Plus without a Gran Turismo-branded wheel, it doesn't make much sense to call the base a "GT" DD Pro...

• I'm waiting patiently for just the GT DD pro wheel base only, already ordered a formula v2.5x wheel and clubsport v3 pedals,

I'm hoping this get approved soon, I need the ability to use it on my PC / Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X,

Last time i had a Fanatec product was 2009 - 2013, the Porsche Turbo S bundle with clubsport v1 pedals, which was compatible with PC / Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, I only had an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 at the time, in late 2013 I upgraded to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 but found out the Porsche Turbo S was not compatible with them, I've not sim raced since 2013 due to not wanting/scared to invest in another setup to not be compatible with newer generation of console's,

If it doesn't come out in time for GT7, it gives me the chance to see what i can do with a controller before the switch to a wheel,

The same happened to me back in 2009 with the Porsche Turbo S with Forza Motorsport 3, the Porsche Turbo S arrived weeks after the launch of FM3, though we should of had it before the release of FM3, but it gave my the chance to see the difference in my lap time from using a controller to a wheel,

I some what see the same happening again with GT7 and GT DD Pro,

Maybe it'll be just the box packaging that will be branded with GT, if it's not approved due to this, then maybe just remove the pedals and just have the GT wheel and wheel base only, though I don't really want that GT wheel or pedals, just the 8Nm GT DD pro wheel base,

I do hope we get some news on what going on, with what's happening with the GT DD Pro wheel base only, as i'm anxiously and patiently waiting for news and to order asap.

• As a side note (and a bit off-topic)...I had a Porsche 911 GT2 wheel that I bought in 2011 to use with X360 and PS3. Was super bummed when the XB1 came out a couple of years later and I found out my rig was not compatible. I went back to using a controller, but didn't play as much as I would have done with a wheel. Then I discovered a device called the DriveHub:

I used that with my XB1 for several years (never got a PS4), and it pretty much does exactly as advertised. Worth every penny. I can't say whether it works well with next-gen systems, as I don't have one (all my driving is done on PC these days), but I've heard some people say that it works with them too.

• edited February 2022

... Fanatec solved a posting issue with my account, so some double replies.

• Why should I buy the package, when I already have the V3 pedals with BPK and a V2 LE 2020 wheel? I don't need the extras, nor do I want to sell the extras off. They told with the introduction of the GT DD PRO that the base only is on the way and just awaitment final approvement. Fine. Something like that should not take 3 months.

I asked nicely in the blogpost about the timeline a while ago and they stay silent. Is it that hard to keep us informed about the timeline this base only is expected? The base is the same in the package as it will be as base only. What is the hold up? We are already way later with the Playstation package compared to the other platforms. Now with the biggest racing game for Playstation around the corner many racers want to start with this new base, not the old one. And with ACC's big PS5 update coming these days, they would do themselves also a favor to make the base only available now. But we don't know when the finally decide when it comes. 1 day? 1 week? 1 month? Half a year?

Just begging for the base only is not working either, so what now? It has nothing to do with being a "Karen cry". When I put 100+ hours in the new game with the old base, the need for the new one will deminish with every hour played. If they don't want to sell new stuff, that is alright, I will spend it on something else. But it would be nice if we at least had a timeline. Otherwise, they better would have said: There might be a base only in the future, but no intel on if and when. First they get your hopes up, then they leave you hanging with no information whatsoever.

• They did reply, it's at the top of this thread - "No new news. Still pending final approval of Sony."

• I already have v3 and csl dd pedals but I would like to buy the gtdd pro only the base there is no official news yet? thank you

• I would like to get the GT DD Pro wheel base only, but in the end, I can't wait, so I've ended up ordering the GT DD Pro 8Nm bundle,

I'm playing GT7 right now with a controller and i want to keep playing, but at the same time i don't want to progress through the game without using the GT DD Pro, waiting weeks or months for the GT DD Pro wheel base only to show up, as there's still no info on it yet.

I feel waiting to long will diminish or devalue my GT7 experience by having to wait for the GT DD wheel base, as to why i gave in and ordered the GT DD Pro 8Nm bundle, but at least i know i'll have everything setup and ready for when Forza Motorsport aka Forza Motorsport 8 gets released.

• edited March 2022

My order is in, as rumors $599 with 8NM power supply.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/gran-turismo-dd-pro-wheel-base-8-nm

Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base (8 Nm)

Current unit price: $599.95 *

Preorder:

Availability date:

May 27, 2022