wheel stands are available for the GT DD PRO

I am kind of don't like the wheel that comes with it as I am interested in rally and drifting and I prefer round wheels... Never tried a wheel like this before and I am not sure if it's going to bother me. Any one who tried this or similar one for rallying or drifting?

What wheel stands are available for the GT DD PRO?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited February 2022

" What wheel stands are available for the GT DD PRO?"

There's a couple of choices of wheel stands for direct drive, there's...

GT Omega Apex Wheel Stand,

Simlab Wheel Stand Pro,

Trak Racer FS3 Wheel Stand,

Next Level Racing Wheel Stand DD,

Next Level Racing Wheel Stand 2.0,

I myself, have only just got the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand 2.0 the other day, to get ready to get back into sim racing, I've got almost everything i need ordered and being shipped as of right now, but I'm just waiting on Fanatec to sell the GT DD Pro 8Nm wheel base only.

• I think you are using the wrong words... Wheel stands are where you install the whole rig: wheelbase, pedals, shifters, etc...

I believe you are asking about the steering wheel itself. The detachable actual wheel.

Well, if that's the case, I can tell you about my experience in Dirt Rally 2.0:

• The Gran Turismo wheel is, in my opinion, round. It has a slightly flat bottom but nothing that affected me while driving DR2
    • The small diameter can be a bit frustrating. I am kind of accustomed to it because I had the G29 (same diameter) but I know it is not ideal
    • The real problem I find while rallying with the Gran Turismo wheel is that the rubber grip is too grippy. Sometimes, while rallying (and I guess drifting too), you have to let go of the wheel a bit and let it move on its own, while still keeping the hand barely touching it, readily prepared to regain control... Well, this task is made somewhat difficult because of the high level of grip that this rubber has

Compatible wheels are the ones that come with the new quick-release system, namely the CSL Series steering wheels.

I hope my comment was of any help. Cheers

• I use an Ikea Markus chair with the arms removed. I lower the chair and lean it a bit and lock it. I can stand on the pedals and have no issues. The tray holds the chair great. I initially bought locking rubber casters, but discovered my floor isn't level and my chair would always roll away and crash into something.