Random update firmware in game

Hi all,

I bought a Podium Racing Wheel F1 in september (2021) and for 4 months i haven't never had this kind of problem but, in the last month it, happened 2 times:

When i'm in game (iRacing), random and without warning, the window to update the firmware appears!

This mean the disconnection of the wheel and the complete loss of the car, with the obvious consequences if i am in a official race or worst near some other driver.

I searched a little on internet but i found nearly nothing, if not:

• Is a know issue with the game iRacing. But is true?
  • To check the pin and the screw inside the QR that they are not to much "soft". But i check this and i don't see anything strange.

Thanks.

Comments

• Yes that's a known issue of iRacing which came with their March 2020 Build and is up to them to fix again.

• Ok, good from one side because is not a my problem, but not good from other because i have to race with "fear" that could happen in any moment :)

But one question: could not be also related with the driver?

I ask this because: i have downloaded the driver 415 when i installed the wheel base in September, and i never had this kind of problem for 4 months. On January 23 i updated my driver to 434 and from that moment it's already happened 2 times in only 1 month.

I saw that they come out the number 439, can be a solution?

• As I said, the issue is happening exclusively in iRacing since 2 years when they launched their March 2020 Update. There was no driver update at that point so it's very likely a game related issue which iRacing (still) needs to fix.

One thing you can try is to disable the pedal vibration feature in the game options. That one was added in the Build in March 2020 and could be the potential root cause.

• Ok, it was just my doubt because this problem appeared only after the update to the driver 434 ;)

I will try to disable that option in iRacing and let we will see.

Thanks.