GT DD Pro weird vibrations after short use + wheel freezing

Hi guys,

About a month ago, I bought the GT DD Pro (express version, couldn't wait for the CSL DD) and my initial impressions is that this wheel is awesome (coming from Logitech G29).

Unfortunately, I have two issues with the wheel:

1. After short use (10-15min), the wheel starts vibrating (along with FFB) in a weird manner - it feels like as though some FFB feedback is coming through stronger, but at the same time it feels on the wheel as if there's sand in the wheel base. It's a weird sensation, difficult to explain. The thing is - it starts slowly, and it gets stronger and stronger, until it practically drowns out the feedback from the sim. Turning wheel on and off (or chaning the modes) doesn't do anything. It happens in every sim I drive - iRacing, AC and ACC.
  2. The other day, at the beginning of a race in iRacing, the display on the wheel froze and there was no FFB at all. I couldn't change gears or do anything else with the wheel, except turning it left or right. Turning it on and off solved the issue, but it happened at the very beginning and as it frose, my car went left and hit another car...

I've reached out early last week to support, but haven't heard from them since (they are probably super-busy), so I was hoping someone on the forums maybe had some insight or ideas...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Ivan,

The first issue you're describing is a rare one that we are currently investigating. The second issue may or may not be related. It certainly sounds like you have a defective unit and support will assist you.

You mentioned that you had reached out early last week to support - I checked your account and the only recent message from you is from yesterday (where you replied to an old ticket). I see you also managed to link to the live chat today however.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic,

thanks for the fast reply.

I've reached out to support on Feb 23 and I replied yesterday to the same ticket (to mention the issue with freezing).

Can you please advise me on the next steps?

Thanks in advance!

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Please wait for the support team to get back to you, they will be able to advise.

• Good afternoon. I have exactly the same problem as described above. The effect of sand appears after a short work. After exiting the game, the steering wheel shakes a little and there is an effect of water flowing in the pipes in the steering wheel.

• CBHCBH Member
    edited March 2022

Hi I had this on my Paystation 5 I had my GT DD Pro plugin to the USB slot at the back of my PS5. I had a sandy vibration feel on the rim, so I change the GT DD Pro USB cable to the front of the PS5 and I have not felt the vibration since.

• Unfortunately, changing the ports didn't change anything for me (although, I'm using it on PC). Still waiting on the support to see what they recommend.

• It's weird that everytime I start driving - the wheel is absolutely perfect, and as I drive the issue starts to slowly appear... I'll share what the support guys say when they reply.

• Installed an older 434 driver yesterday with a manual base and motor update and it worked for me. There is no glaring vibration effect. There is no noise during the game either. With Interpolation 3, when you turn the steering wheel in place, there is an effect of a hook on the asphalt, after entering the ACC game, this effect remains for some time, but there is no longer a feeling that sand was poured into the bearings. There is also no chaotic shaking after the steering wheel.

• Thanks for the tip, Zabavagmbh! I tried and I still get the same issue :/

• Unfortunately, my problem has not gone away. With a long game, there is a squeak in the feedback. He can get stronger and smaller as the game goes on. This effect is available on both PC and PS4 - does not depend on the platform and game (((

• I've sent the wheel base back to Fanatec this week (after a few emails exchanged with support), whatever we tried - it simply didn't go away. I'm curious what are they going to find out testing the wheel base.

I would recommend that you reach out to support immediately, because the whole process can take quite some time.

• Hello Ivan, since yesterday I have the same problem. what is your current situation with fanatec support or what solution did they give you

• Javier AstrayJavier Astray Member
    edited May 2022

• I can recommend to try different drivers this can sometimes reduce this issue however I do believe it is a hardware issue that they have to solve. For me they replaced my wheelbase with this issue and the new wheel base has almost exactly the same issue. Iam testing and monitoring the behavior as for some people the problem went away on its own but I will RMA again if it continues like this.

You can also check my other posts there are two Test motor firmwares that fanatec provided me that you can also try that I posted here.

• Do you think it may be related to the Quick release?

Thanks Faizel

• Good question, because I also thought if there was some kind of dampening so that the vibrations are not amplified through the wheel maybe this could be a design improvement but somehow I’m not sure if this is a solution. I thought about trying a different quick release or different wheel but I think the bottom line is that the motor shouldn’t behave like this as there is some kind of irregularity in the electric current or magnets or whatever. Problem is there are so many with variations of the same problem I am concerned that any new unit you receive had a decent chance to habe the same or similar problem. The problem was already there last year in the csl dd so I don’t understand why they couldn’t fix it by now in the new batches.