First Fanatec wheel is a GT DD Pro: Can't wait

The first thing I wanted to say is well done to Fanatec, for making your entire lineup of wheel bases now be direct drive. The Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium bundle finally drew me into the ecosystem, where I gladly threw the geriatric T300, T3PA Pro, and TH8RS into the recycling bin. I got a NLR F-GT cockpit to mount it all to, slapping those fanatec stickers all along it. This wheel will hopefully last me longer than that Thrustmaster did, at 7 years.

Now, this actually isn't my first Fanatec product. I have had the Clubsport Shifter V1.5 for 6 years, and it still shifts like it's brand new. It wears the usage marks proudly and has been recently re-greased for another long service life. It now also has a best friend, the Clubsport handbrake, attached right next to it. Another thing to note, just holding the QR1 attachment is something to behold for me. Comparing this to the previous Thrustmaster system is just unfair. Even if I need to use the screw to make the wheel not clunk, it'll still be a 5 second release instead of a 1 minute release.

My wheel is set to arrive this Friday in time for the GT7 launch. Can't wait!

All of my Fanatec gear that I bought between December and January:

GT DD Pro Premium, CS Handbrake, CS QR1, CSL Pedals Tuning Kit

Comments