Website internal error trying to place an order

Hi all, I am in the process of buying stuff from the website. To do so I:

• Registered to the Website
  • Built a configuration with the online tool

But what happens when I click on the final "Add to cart button" is that:

• The site hangs for about a minute (rotating cursor)
  • I get an "Internal error" page
  • When I go back to the Homepage, my cart shows stuff in it but if I click on it it gets me back to the "Internal error page"

I also tried to "Reset my configuration", but the cart doesn't get emptied and if I try to rebuild my order, I always end up to the "Internal error" page

I can't get useful help from the online chat

There is no direct email function for website issues

There is a form for technical assistance on bought hardware, but it's not my case and I can't use it because "I don't own any hardware yet"

What should I do?

Thanks for any hint/help

Comments

• Are you able to individually add items to the cart and not through configuration?

• Hi David,

no. I tried to add a random wheel straight to the cart, the result is a forever spinning cursor on the right side of the screen (see attached picture). It stays there for minutes. But, no "Internal error" this time. It just stays there

After a few minutes, if I go back to the homepage, I can see that the numbre of items in my cart (which is 20 since a number of previous tries using the configurator) is not changed (e.g. it didn't go up to 21)

Any ideas?

• Correction: after a few more minutes, and refreshing the homepage, the cart went up to 21 (see picture)

Still not able to see the cart if I click on it (forever spinning wheel as in last message, no internal error btw)

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Roberto,

A few things to suggest:

• clear browser cache
    • try a different browser
    • try a different device if possible

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi Dominic!

I have already done literally everything you're suggesting (thank you!)

My next try would be to register with a different email, but I was hoping that somebody in the backend of the website could forcibly clear my cart before trying that...

• Exactly my problem for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Glad it keeps poping this issue....

• I have the same problem, tried to talk too the people in the website support chat, but only got the same answer as Dominic said above.

When this many have the same problem they should realise that it is their webshop that is the problem...

Is there any other webshop that has fanatec gear? can't wait foreever.

Hi Jimmie,

We have applied a fix, can you confirm it works ok for you now?

We're still working on improving the speed of the cart.

Hi Roberto,

Please try again, we have applied a fix.

• Hi Dominic,

I was able to open my current cart and delete all the items in it

But if I use the configurator again from scratch, on the last screen when I click "Add to cart", I get the "Internal server error" message again

At that point, if I go back to the homepage, my cart shows 13 items for a total amount of 4939.35 EUR which is completely wrong (the order I'm trying to place, according to the configurator, is a bit more than 2500 EUR, now I can't remember exactly)

I see there are a lot of bundles automatically created, and I'm trying to buy 2 wheels, maybe it has something to do with automatic bundle construction?

Looking forward to your next reply

• This is my entire cart after my last try to use the Configurator. As you see, it lists a lot of double items:

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited March 2022

Sorry Roberto but can you see the funny side of all this ... hope it works out for you!

Try clearing your browser cache/cookies/site data on your computer.

• Thanks David for trying to help out, but I've already tried that (and a number of other things, if you read all the thread). It's definitely a problem on the website backend side. The other problem is that now I'm not sure I trust this site anymore, even if they will fix the issue I don't want to end up being charged for 50000 EUR or so if I submit my order

Thanks anyway for your support

• Someone mentioned that they got the cart to work using their phone. You tried that already?

As long as you can see 1 item of each in your cart before you hit purchase, it will be fine.

• On another note, it seems, the Fanatec online site is the only one which I think that has consistently display some problems.

Every 1-2 months, the site would not load at all!!!

It is actually due for an instance like that again anytime soon. 😅😅😅

It does not happen to any other online shop that I have been consistently accessing. Why? Is it a server issue?

Can someone please enlighten me?

• I made it!

I'm pretty sure it was pure luck. Anyway, I don't know why in my final configuration I find a "QR1 Wheel-Side (ClubSport Quick Release Adapter)!" that I didn't select explicitly, so the total amount is 99 EUR more than expected. But I thought that at this point it doesn't matter. I didn't dare to remove it from the order because I was terrified that everything would get messed up again

Anyway, Fanatec: you need to heavily work on this. And you are definitely loosing a lot of money because of this. And, more that this, you're loosing your customer's trust. On a web shop, that's about EVERYTHING, it comes before the product itself

Thanks to everybody for their help and support. And, if the person on charge of Web Services is reading this: your site sucks!

• Does Fanatec even have a web services department to maintain the shop? I suspect it is contracted out to an external company. Someone working out of their basement maintaining a few shopping websites here and there.