Warranty if I buy second hand?

I have tried a few times today to get in touch with the chat, I am in a queue and then the chat window says "no agents available." Frustrating.. So I take to the forums.

I see some second hand pedals (Both CSL and V3) which I'm tempted to buy. They are relatively new. Some are even unboxed, and arrived just a few weeks ago. Thus the warranty still has quite some time left.

I wonder if the warranty is transfered to me if I buy the second hand unit, and register the serial number on my account ? Or does it stay with the original person who bought it?

I'm thinking to buy second hand because I can just drive 30 minutes to get the pedals vs. wait days or weeks for it to arrive if I buy new from the store.

Comments

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited March 2022

Warranty in the Terms and Conditions does not state warranty restricted to original buyer.

But I know we have forum members who bought 2nd hand and as it was still within the warranty time frame, Fanatec replaced the item, but you need to get the original sales invoice from the original buyer.

Can be said that Fanatec is doing it out of goodwill. So assume warranty not available when you purchase something 2nd hand.

• I think you mean the T& C does state the warranty is limited to the original purchaser.

• That settles it then. I won't buy the items second hand.

Thanks!

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

We have always honoured the remaining warranty on a product if the new owner could provide the original invoice.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• That's customer service I really value. I wish the second hand sellers would, willingly, hand over the original invoice though.

The two I was in touch with did not want to do this for whatever reasons. Whether they were lying about purchase date or for privacy reasons, I don't know.

I ended up buying brand new in this case. :)