FANATEC NEVER AGAIN "delayed shipping despite ordering when "Available"

After spending around 10,000 euros on fanatec equipment for last months, I have a real headache with my last purchase. I made a purchase on the 6th of March, payment by ATM reference and Fanatec insists that it still hasn't received the money. This is all very strange and the lack of customer support is surreal in this company. I don't know how I'm going to solve this, ask for a refund or wait for them to decide to send me the items and then sell them here in my country. I ended up buying a Moza DD and I'm super satisfied with the choice. Top customer support, 7 days delivery from China to Europe. It was clearly my last purchase from Fanatec. Nobody knows anything, nobody solves anything. Fanatec is a comedy. It really has good products, but check it out, other companies are already starting to appear on the market with great products too, and best of all, with decent customer support and respect for the community.

Comments

• JorgeJorge Member

How much did you pay for a 7 days delivery with Moza? In their website it states it's quite expensive, and normal delivery takes up to 50 days.

• i pay 65 euros to delivery 2 wheels, base dd and pedals. I buy on sim motion.com

• What sim titles are you using? Do you like the FFB?

• iracing, ac, acc, raceroom.dirt 2.0 and others. E love it. best choice i made. Premium build quality and excelent ffb

• so i bought the v3 pedals on the 5th of march and so far they haven't sent me the order and after some contacts with support it seems that 
    they didn't receive the value but the value left my bank account the moment i complete the purchase. I sent proof from my bank to fanatec
     support, apparently they don't know where my money is, and I'm aware of other similar cases of customers with the same problems

• Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited March 2022

Wait until MOZA or simagic or whatever small new company that enters a new market grow exponentaly like Fanatec did and then lets see where customer support is... anyway, not saying they arent at fault... just saying that complaining on whats wrong is ok, pulling another corporation, product or whatever into the story usually backfires.. theres no perfect company... especially chinese ones... i have had good and bad experiences with almost all brands... unfortunatelly its the new world we live on.

In the end of the day all of them are after the same, profit !

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited March 2022

Is Moza Racing a Chinese product?

I am not too sure about Chinese companies though. If it is a mechanical product then they may have done it well. But electronic??? Might not have much support once something goes wrong. Or there will be no facility to maintain firmware or drivers or developing them other than the initial offering.

• Moza is Chinese-based, yes. From what I've gathered in some YouTube comments, they currently have distributors in the EU and it sounds like the plan is to have them in other geographic locations as well (NA, UK, etc.) and all service or returns will be handled through them. Much like how if you're living in the US, you don't need to return your Fanatec product all the way to Germany to get it serviced, it's handled locally in California.

Moza does seem to have a very tempting product in their R9 wheel base: 9Nm of torque for $439. The problem is, their cheapest wheel to go along with it is 500 bucks. This makes the whole proposition a non-starter, for me. If they can develop a wheel in the 2-300 dollar price range, then I'll give them a serious look.

But of course there's then the issue of being an early adopter. Moza is a relatively new, relatively small company, selling a relatively new product. If there's one thing I've learned from my experience being one of the first pre-order customers of the CSL DD, it is to never again be an early adopter of new technology. It may be new and occasionally exciting, but it rarely goes smoothly and is often frustrating. Much better to let others be the guinea pigs, and then come in once the product has become established and most of the kinks have been ironed out.