CSL DD (8nm) turns off randomly

Recently, my CSL DD turns off randomly every 2-3 minutes, I've tried using different USB ports, different plug sockets and re-installing drivers but the problem persists. Any ideas as to why this has randomly started happening (No problems for the first two months of use, only started now)?

Comments

• Hello Post some videos of the problem to better understand and get help

• I am getting the same. Game will run for awhile then all the inputs from the wheel shutoff. Fanalab also crashes when this happens. I tried older drivers and the same thing happens.

To fix requires a computer restart.

I did some troubleshooting and noticed this:

1. Uninstall 439 driver package.
    2. Turn off DD Pro.
    3. Install 439 driver package. Leave wheel off and Click Collect Log files. There should be no error files.
    4. Turn on wheel a play IRacing for 5 min or so. Inputs die.
    5. Open Driver Package and Click Collect Log files.
    6. FW-Error doc present. "CFAWForceFeedback::DeviceID Failed! DIERR_DEVICENOTREG
  • Is the power staying on and you are just losing all FFB or is it shutting off? I have a DD1 and it is shutting off while in game. I can play for about 5 min as well then the DD1 powers off. I have only used it for about 5 hours then this started happening.

• It's quite difficult to get a video of the problem as it happens randomly but I can describe what happens in detail. I'm driving in AC and suddenly the wheel on screen goes to neutral, the windows sound for a device disconnecting sounds and where the light on the wheel is normally red, it turns off completely (and force feedback goes dead). I should add that the power bank (as I have the 8nm adapter) still has the blue light indicating it is on and there are no signs of overheating of any kind.

• I have exactly the same file with the same error but don't play iRacing, is this error specific to iRacing?

• friend you will need to be able to make a video of the problems because when you ask for help from fanatec support they will need to review the video of the problems

• having same issue. brand new. seemed to work on previous firmware. updated to 439 started having intermittent power off issues.

• The log will capture which app was running when the error occured. I don't think it mattters since it happens with ever app I've tried.

• My wheel does not shutoff. The driver crashes and must be ended in the task manager. When I restart the driver control panel, it will show the wheel not connected, but it has power and all LCF functions work.

• I downgraded both the drivers and firmware to 434. Still the same, what a joke! Still haven't heard from support either, and doubt I will at this point...

• I tried 434 as well, same problem. Opened a ticket too. I wish I would have noted which version was before I upgraded. Seems like when you tried to downgrade to 434, only some of the firmware was downgradable. Maybe my factiry wheel was older than that

• I just received my last week (wed), not sure what firmware was on it. I manually updated (downgraded) all the parts that allowed the firmware to be updated.

• Chuck BellChuck Bell Member
    edited March 2022

I think I figured it out. I may have a bad 8nm booster. Switched to the original power supply and all is working!!!!!

• I thought of that. Tried and it seemed to work longer but still getting the same error.

• I ran out of weekend but was able to test 2-3 short events on F1 and GT7 on PS5 without issue on the original PS. I also put the 8nm back on and withing seconds or minutes of starting a race, it powered off/crashed. You bring up a good point that it could still be the motor, or firmware, or the 8nm PS, dunno. I have a ticket open but nervous about getting a proper response, seems like others are upset at support responsiveness.

• I have the same issue with CSL DD - was working fine and upgraded to 439 - primary issue is now on hard corners there is a loss of FFB for 2-3 secs (but that ends with a crash) - a secondary issue is that it will sometimes freeze and all wheel controls lost - power reset required. Tried rolling back drivers but same issue remains - have replaced USB and tried all ports - no change - have ensured power pack is not touching any other devices. Tested 2 different wheels (Universal and Formula V2) - Made many adjustments via Fanalab and through iracing. It was interesting to note that on some tracks the issue is less, ie on Philip Island in GT3 I could do many more laps with strength settings at 5.8 / 7.1/ 8.9 but when I increased to 10.9 the issue returned on the second lap. In a circuit such as RBR the same issue of losing FFB occurs sooner at a lower Strength setting - this occurred at 7.1 and most often on the same turn where you can feel some extended resistance - then it lets go ! I have the Boost Kit and next test will be to remove that and complete the same tests - (whilst waiting for a support response)

• quick update after removing the Booster Kit - completed 1o laps on RBR - with all the same settings as previous and had no issues - the feeling was very light however - I will now make some adjustments and complete more testing.

• I did a couple of hours tonight and can say the issue has decreased but not eliminated - still had a couple of occasions of losing ffb on a corner - much less impact and very short - likely because of reduced strain on the wheel

• I have the same problem, brand new base, I have firmware version 439 installed never tried another version so I can't comment.

• Just found thread, same problem gt dd pro base just looses all power mid race.

Has anybody heard back from support or narrowed down what the issue is