CSL Pedal making the throttle stiff

edited March 2022 in Pedals

Hello guys

Pretty sure like most people I bought the GT DD bundle and ordered a Load Cell for the brakes. Just like everyone the old brakes was moved over to become the clutch. The throttle has barely any tension. I tried looking online and it seems everyone wants to use the clutch (old brake) as a throttle. On PC you can just assign what you want to be the clutch or throttle but on consoles it seems you’re stuck. I don't mind having a soft clutch so this is the route I went.

I took apart the pedals and just swap the arms. The pedal housing is identical.

I just used a 10mm wrench to remove the nut. Be sure to put pressure on the pedal so you can pull the bolt out. Its the same for both throttle and brake.

The spring on the left is what is in the throttle and the one on the right is in the brake. Just swap the whole arm. Reassemble should be easy. Just do everything backwards. You have to put pressure on the pedals to get the bolt back in.

On the other side there are 2 notches. These notches are NOT stops for the arm. The arms actually goes over them. If the arms hit the notches like a stop then the holes will not line up.

Normal clutch (old brake) with original spring

Normal clutch (old brake) with the throttle spring

Once everything is done you should now have a stiffer throttle. Be sure to swap the pedals so your throttle isn’t wide like the brakes.

Hope this is helpful. It took leas than 10 mins to do.

Thank you

Comments

• I just did it also, with the help of Roger. Easy mod, and free mod. Now the throttle feels way better, it definitely helps to be more precise on the throttle. 👍️

• Cheers for that. Great thread.

• Nice Mod!

Is the support part (yellow) prepared to receive more force?

• Warranty anyone!! Lol

• The modification seems to be reliable. I have been using it for four months without a problem.

• remember guys... swap it back b4 you send the pedals back for warranty... 😄

• edited March 2022

Youre swapping the whole assemble in the picture. The spring does not rest or put pressure it. That part you have marked is the magnet for the hall sensor. When you put the assembly back together the other end of that spring moves away from the magnet.

• I wanted to say thanks for posting this guide and idea. I have just changed mine over and the benefits are immediate and significant. I hated the original CSL throttle as the spring felt far too weak and I felt like I had barely any control when attempting slight lifts of the throttle. The spring in the original brake (now the clutch in my load cell setup) is much stiffer and it was basically sitting there mostly unused. Now the clutch feels awful with the weaker spring but I rarely use it so it is not a big deal.

BUT the improvement to the throttle feel is amazing!

• OMG I just did this mod and it completely changes the control on the throttle. I race only on PC so I just switched the clutch and throttle pedal and reassign them in iRacing. I was searching the internet for mods to make the throttle stiffer but now I don't have to search anymore. Thank you very much for this suggestion.

• Hi all, i've done the change so!

Thanks for sharing.

Question; do you have also the issue that there is a less range then the default spring?

And in GT7 i need to change the deadzones because of this.

Or did i do something wrong?

Thanks in advance

• Ah! Recalibrated via pc 😃