Podium Button Module Endurance stopped working!

I've been playing the setup for about a week, BME worked nicely last night. Since this morning, it's not detected in tuning manual and firmware manager. It keeps flashing "WARNING Steering Wheel not supported! Please update the firmware!" Tried to reinstal the driver(439) and reflash the wheel base firmware but nothing was fixed. Have read few posts that have the similar problem. Anyone has a solution yet?

PC driver 439, using CSL DD with Podium hub

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Please contact support by opening a ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account. The team will be able to troubleshoot this and resolve the issue for you.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• My Podium button module is suddenly not working. I had been working flawlessly prior to this. The issue happened in the middle of playing a game on my PS5 and GT DD Pro. Out of nowhere got an error message on the bme oled saying: "WARNING Steering Wheel not supported! Please update the firmware!". When I connect the wheel base to my PC to update the firmware, it recognizes the wheel base and the hub, but not the button module, so there is no way for me to update the firmware. That option is grayed out.

I've spent hours trying to fix this. I uninstalled the driver package from my computer, I also uninstalled all of the Fanatec devices from my device manager, then flashed the firmware first the wheelbase, then I connected the Podium hub to the wheel base and flashed that, then I connected the button module to the hub but still the same issue. I just can’t find a way to access the the podium button module to do anything with its firmware. I even tried the beta firmware package (v435)....the option is to upgrade the firmware on the BME is always unavailable. See the attached image. It is also unavailable if i try to manually update it. It is like the hub/wheelbase/computer doesn’t recognize the the BME is even connected. The USBC connection looks fine to me as well.

• Hi Dominic, the contry I live in makes the shipping back and forth quite costly. From a post from another, his unit showed the same issue 2 weeks after your service. This problem seems to be common on PBME or Podium Hub since several reports from users have been posted. Do you guys find the cause of the issue or have a permanent fix for it? Otherwise I'd switch to other products for the time being.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

This is something you should discuss with Support, they will be able to explain the possible solutions.

• I'm having the same issue. All firmware and driver updated last week and it worked fine. All of sudden this morning this message appears on the LED screens. wheel can't recongzie with wheelbase. can't update nor do anything.

• Did anyone get a fix? I updated Fanalab to 2.xx and then the f/w as it asks you too and now my BME is dead just as above - I don't want to wait 7 days for a reply from support just to send more info and wait another 7 days, then more info and another 7 days. This is def a f/w issue as it all worked before the update and my other fanatec wheels updated and work fine. Not very impressive eh!?

• Same here, installing the 454 drivers seems to have bricked my BME; device recovery does not work, and neither does the previous driver

• I've raised a support request but no action or result - "they're busy" - they'll be more busy now everyone's BME is bricked and it's their fault.

• I fiddled with the USB C wire - might have been a bit loose - probably will break one day - not a great design - but it works now with latest firmware and drivers - still waiting on support - they were meant to attach a recovery s/w to the e-mail but forgot! - It might just be the std recovery s/w - don't know as it was never sent.....😂

• Same issue here. Sometimes my PBME just freeze randomly in ACC, sometimes just work 1-2 day without any issue. Brand new PBME...

• Any one found the fix? My bottom module did the same 4 days after updating the firmware. Still no answer from Fanatec