CSW 2.5 ACC weak/loss FFB.

Hello guys, after some moths experiencing a weird issues with my FFB i want to share it with you to know if you have these problems, already opened a support ticket.

What happen is sometimes i have less or more FFB, normally is weak, im using the recommend fanatec settings instead of SEN 480 for ferrari and DRIFT 0, i remember perfectly when i bought the base with 70% strength in the game was pretty stregth so no reason to rise it.

I can understand the setup, tyres or whatever can afftect the FFB but start a race with a weak ffb, or do just 1 lap and after get a weak ffb have no sense to me, like if i dont have grip o whatever, no idea because this is happening from a while and this cause to me to dont understand the FFB, what exactly damage it in ACC, the setup is obvious.

Yesterday came the loss, driving in Monza with the same setup, same track conditions as usual doing the chican i felt like i dont have nothing in my hands, today i dont have that feeling but i got it in sector 2 or 3 while doing curves feeling for moments FFB loss and a very strange thing, in the sector 3 in the curve before the long straight i was loosing the car touching a kerb in the exit (i dont loose the car there the 99% of the times), the car was jumping like something was different in the suspension or whatever, but no, same setup, everything the same, i though maybe is something wrong with my steering wheel direction?.

Driving yesterday in Zolder i have the same weak ffb (being honest like usually there), this track have a place where the FFB comes more strength, yes a little bit but not strength as day 0 when i bought the base, just a little bit more stregth in a weak FFB race.

Sometimes i feel the FFB like lossless in the center, pretty strange to explain being honest and recently somtimes i heard a "click" coming from the base, very few times, just a click as if it were the ffb rumbling in a kerb but no, just a click in a part of the track where this is not suppose to happen (100% sure), i do again the next lap and I don't hear anything, once I heard it and gave me the feeling that I lost / won FFB but maybe it could have been a placebo.

Another weird thing, i saw i have clipping in kerbs with the recommended settigs, days ago in another track with a weak FFB i saw this clipping was happening and after complete the race the fans were running like the base is hot, this dont have any sense to me, fans running and feeling kerbs very weak while racing and getting clipping too (i think i had FEI 90 in that moment) if i drive with a hard FFB ok but its not the case.

To give more data, my power supply is making a buzzing noise like "brbrbrbr" since day 0.

Im pretty curious to know your experience, is your FFB feeling the same always?

Thanks for read me :)

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jorge,

Generally your FFB performance should be consistent. The V2.5 base has efficient cooling and it will not derate (lose torque due to overheating) unless stressed extremely hard. So it's possible that there is an issue with your base. I recommend that you open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thank you for your answer, is already in your office since 12/04, I have not received any update, i dont want to open a ticket because probably youre busy and i dont want to colapse more the service, so im waiting.

• Jorge ACJorge AC Member
    edited May 2022

I dont want to be rude, I only say what I think.

I have received my base and im pretty sure the guy who check my RMA didnt look at the power supply because it is still making a loud noise (i can hear it being 1.5 meters far).

Aparently is "fixed", i tested it just 10 minutes because i dont want to plug it to this PSU, my feeling was that the base does not have the same strength as when I bought it, I may be wrong for testing it very little time but that was my feeling.

I sent the base with the cloth cover and they have not sent it back to me... just the base inside the box with the other protectors, It may not be important but I think it is a sign of take care of my product or the little attention that my RMA received just because you're workers are overworked.

I have opened a claim, I have paid €550 for a product with problems since I bought it (thinking it was a problem with the game untill the base FFB almost died after more than year) , send it to RMA and they do not treat my RMA correctly taking into account the information i provide and my warranty expires in July.

Waiting for an anwer, im not agree with this, i've paid 550€, having problems months after (5-6) and maybe this will die after the warranty expires.

No idea how you'll solve this, but if the product dies after the warranty expires im going to put a claim again, i have a defective product since i bought it and send it to RMA to dont solve it, this is not how it should be.