Xbox Compatibility issues

I've seen a couple of threads on this before but there is never a definitive answer or advice provided. Specifically, the LED lights and most of the buttons on my ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5 don't work and the rumble feature on my clubsport v3 pedals doesn't work either. Would love any advice on how to overcome these issues if at all possible. Alternatively if there truly is no way to rectify the situation is there anything in the works that will one day make this possible?

Sincerely,

A Fanatec Xbox user who spent a lot of money for a little functionality.

Comments

• There are dozens of definitive answers to this question: The Xbox OS code does not allow such features and its up to Microsoft to enable those features and fully support the Fanatec SDK.

Nothing you can do other than keep asking Microsoft to open their OS code...

• Here's what, to me, doesn't add up about that statement. If things like rev lights and extra inputs beyond what a standard Xbox controller can create are not possible to program on the Xbox platform, as you claim...please explain to me the existence of something like Thrustmaster's Boeing Yoke, which has all sorts of dials and knobs and sliders, which according to this article, works flawlessly on Xbox:

How also, does the TM SF1000 steering wheel have working rev LEDs on Xbox, if this feature is not possible on any Fanatec wheels?

Is there more that Microsoft could do to make it easier for peripheral developers and game programmers to access these functions? Probably so. But it seems rather disingenuous to shift all the blame onto MS and say that it's 100% up to them to solve these issues with Fanatec wheels.

• edited March 2022

Agreed. I've also seen comments in similar forums that suggest when you bring up the issue with Microsoft that immediately push the blame back onto Fanatec.

Granted, still waiting to see a Fanatec Admin weigh in on this.

• To my knowledge, the closest we've ever gotten to anything even remotely resembling an "official" statement regarding this is in this thread, where Dominic, a Fanatec Community Manager, makes the very vague statement that "things are in motion": https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/23917/xbox-functionality-and-fanatec-sdk-status 

Here, someone claims to have been in contact with someone at Microsoft, who further claim that some sort of an update is being worked on which will enable all buttons to be mapped, sometime before the new Forza Motorsport title is released this fall: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/22003/xbox-fanatec-wheel-button-support 

In the following link, a forum member here named David Brazington claims to have been in touch with executives from MS who told him they were "aware of the lmiitations in their product in working with Fanatec's SDK and that they hoped to be able to provide a solution soon.": https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/22625/calling-all-fanatec-xbox-users-proof-that-additional-wheel-inputs-can-be-achieved 

So... at least based on these examples, it seems that both sides are singing similar tunes. What that actually means in terms of when Xbox users will see an actual, tangible solution is anyone's guess. Both sides have, for years, continued to brush this matter off, attempted to placate players with vague assurances that things were being looked into, and shifted blame to the other party for why full functionality is lacking. So take everything you read here with an enormous amount of salt. 

I guess we'll find out come this fall if these companies have actually been taking our feedback seriously, or if this is all just more smoke being blown up our collective @$$es.

• Sad to learn after the purchase that the screen and buttons on my xbox steering wheel are not working. I hope for an update soon for my mclaren GT3

Sometimes simple things get complicated

• Hey Fanatec, any chance of some work or even communication on this?

• Is there any update on this?

• edited October 2023

Depends on what you current knowledge is..

Its no secret that Fanatec is developing a Xbox SDK since late last year to enable LEDs, Display and extra Buttons. This was only possible since last year as only last year Xbox finally provided an official GDK.

However, ultimatively it's up to the GAMES to implement this upcoming Fanatec Xbox SDK then. When a game does not implement the SDK, then also the telemetry stuff and extra buttons etc wont work in those games.