What's with ebay auctions?

I see eBay auctions for Fanatec products being bid up beyond what it costs to buy directly from Fanatec, and wondering why. What am I missing? I get FOMO for discontinued or out of stock products, but for example why would somebody pay over $320 USD for a USED clubsport v1. 5 shifter when you can order a NEW one direct for $260 plus shipping and they're currently available? There's a used CSL DD base with boost kit up to $700. OK they're sold out for now but it's not like they're no longer being manufactured. Maybe impatience and wanting it yesterday as opposed to waiting a week or two? Folks had plenty of time to buy them, but choose to wait and overpay buying them second hand. If this continues maybe I'll get into the business of flipping Fanatec products on eBay, if people are really willing to pay over retail for some reason.

Comments

• Supply and demand, lack of patience, want of instant gratification…..not to mention scalpers. These are just some of the long laundry list of things that attribute to some of the ridiculous overpricing that goes on in the second hand market. I mean, I don’t knock people for trying to get their hustle on, but scalpers like the people who grabbed up limited edition stuff, with the sole intent of listing it for like 2x-4x over retail need to be dragged naked behind horses.

• open market. i have always thought a fully open transparent open is not as good as a slightly controlled one. can't have everything. 1st world problems...

• lee spinkslee spinks Member
    edited March 2022

Also with eBay you don’t have to deal with fanatec’s order system and excuses, and the stupid charging for ups fail delivery service.

• ....because it takes 3-5 months to get product....it's everywhere.

• I always thought it was people in Australia. They fanatec website prices are.crazy high.