CSL DD 8NM possible overheating failure ???

I have a csl dd 8nm and when I am using it for more than 30 min, it begins to be noticed as a very annoying high-frequency electricity in the steering wheel, as if it had an assisted steering, something very uncomfortable. It only happens when you use it for a long time, if you stop the car for 5 minutes, it works fine again, but you use it and the problem returns. I see that this has happened to more people, I have tried everything and nothing, I just need try the fan to the base, but another base just like a friend has doesn't happen to him and he doesn't have any fan to the base so I'll send it to warranty to see

Comments

• There were others who reported of heat issues with the csl dd sometime ago and they went through warranty. Unfortunately I think you may have to go through that as well.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Diego,

It certainly doesn't sound normal. The CSL DD should not require a fan in any situation, even after hours of heavy use.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I can use mine fore 3-4 hours at a time and have never felt a tempature increase. Not even the slightest.

• The pcb board is seriously heated, 1. The fanatec design is defective, using a plastic back cover instead of an aluminum alloy back cover, resulting in heat accumulation, 2. The production quality of the pcb board is a problem, and the temperature of the capacitor and the chip increases under the condition of full load. Heat accumulation, This cannot be solved by the driver firmware. This is a hardware problem. If an external fan is added to the back cover to cool the pcb, the symptoms can be relieved fanatce, and a very immature product has been produced, and the after-sales service is still very troublesome.