Brake flickering with the GT DD Pro

Hey guys,

i have a very strange "feature" in my DD PRO set.

there is a flickering brake pedal when the steering wheel is turned. in the driver i see a brake preassure of 1-2 %

i can resolve the problem by reconnecting the pedals to the running base.

But it happens again after restarting the base or when i change the steering wheel to the f1 clubsport or the mclaren v2.

When i start the base BEFORE the PC or PS5 everything works fine, until i want to change a steering wheel.

i wrote tickets, but fanatec seems to be very busy.

did someine have this problem too?

Comments

• Hi Dominic,

unfortunately this is not my problem.

i can manage to get the base to work with some tricks, but i cant change a wheel during a session or i have to reboot the base or disconnect the brakepedal.

this works but is no long time solution.

I owned i pre used CSL ELITE an i was very happy with it! I decided to jump on the HYPETRAIN an spend (for me) some serious money on the DDPro Set.

Don´t get me wrong, the wheel is superb when it works. but your customer support is the worst i have ever seen!

even an instand replied ticket takes days for response...

i am sorry for my bad english but when i am , in germany we say, "fuchsteufelswild" my grammar gets loose!

warum muss ich bei einer deutschen Firma überhaupt Englisch schreiben?

anyway.

have a nice day!

cheers

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Christian,

Fanatec is an international company, the official language of the company is English, and forum rules state that you must post in English. However the support team is responding to your private support tickets in German of course - the majority of our support agents are German.

Your particular issue sounds like an unusual one and therefore it could take some time to troubleshoot. The product might need to be sent in for assessment. But in any case, the team will make sure it is sorted. At the moment it can take a few days between responses due to the high number of enquiries, I apologise for the inconvenience.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my DD PRO Playstation 8NM base and the V3 pedals. Is there a solution for this?

Thx,

Marc

• Hi Marc,

i fix the problem with the CSL Pedals by myself. Maybe it works for you too.:

1. i ordered the Fanatec Clubsport USB Adapter
    2. i ordered some 6pin rj12 cable from Amazon
    3. i download the heusinkveld diview tool
    4. open di view and connect the aftermarket rj cable to the pedals and the clubsport usb.
    5. press the brake pedal and you will notice, that the value is not correct.
    6. switch to the original rj cable. (the value will still be incorrect)
    7. open the usb gamecontroller settings for the clubsort usb adapter.
    8. force a firmwareupdate with reset of the csl pedals.
    9. reconnect everything and it should work

i ve done that a couple of days ago and it works until now.

cheers

• i forgot:

i grounded my rig and i put some rubber tape under my wheelbase so it did not touch the alu-rig with its housing.

one week now without problems