No response from Fanatec for over a month!

After replying at first Fanatec hasn’t responded for over a month now. The telephone is unreachable and the chat is a joke that tell you are in a waiting line and then cuts you off.

How do I get Fanatec to reply and solve my problem with a recently purchased, not functioning steering wheel?

Comments

• Ouch, this makes me want to refuse delivery

• Luke McDowellLuke McDowell Member
    edited March 2022

I am having the same issue. My pedals arrived with half the box ripped to shreds and contacting someone about organizing a replacement has been an incredibly frustrating experience - I've received one email (which was a joke), the chat function doesn't work, and the calls are a joke. This is some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I am on the forum to try and get some help, so seeing this as the first post is not encouraging.

• Likewise here- 😠 After ian nitial boilerplate email assuring me that Fanatec tech support would be getting back to me "ASAP", Fanatec's now gone dark for 3 weeks. My Tech Support inquiry was really pretty basic.

I moved to Fanatec from Thrustmaster because I value quality over economy. Fanatec's product pricing reflects this, and I'm willing to pay for for the significant step up in terms of quality of engineering, materials and manufacturing.

I've spent over $3k US with Fanatec this year and have been very happy with my DD Pro, CSp V3 pedals, various wheels and bits and pieces.

HOWEVER, if this is typical of the level of support I can expect with Fanatec, I have reason to question the wisdom of my purchase decision.

Whenever the subject arises, I'll certainly let others know of my very negative experience with Fanatec Technical "Support".

• Support was a joke. The DD Pro was awesome when it worked, but failed after only 4 days. Took almost a month to get a return.

I went back to Thrustmaster because at least I can get support.

• RJ DRJ D Member
    edited April 2022

I wanted to go on record about my DDpro wheel /GT7 slipping issue, and also no response after initial reply saying my email was received.

Did Fanatec sales grow too quickly to be able to service its customer base? Is the war in Europe affecting their ability to respond?

My other hobby is home audio, and I can definitely say that companies that provide this lack of support and response are simply abandoned by consumers, who move on to more responsive companies.

now I’m wondering if they will ever take responsibility for the failed design of the GT7 wheel/DDpro and fix the problem. I added some tape to mine as per forum suggestions and now the wheel is stuck on and very hard to remove making wheel swaps very difficult.

• Wow I’ve just meet a bunch of people with the same problem I have.

no customer services!!!! What the fuck is going on at fanatec!!!!

how can a company make 90 million dollars have no customer services!

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jock,

I checked your account, and it seems that some messages haven't been getting through to your inbox - we have sent several messages to you in the past month. Please check your spam folder.

Hi guys,

I apologise for the delays, the team is dealing with a lot of enquiries at the moment.

I've checked the communication in all your accounts and while there have been some delays, we have always responded. I also have to point out that any technical enquiry that goes through our general contact form will reach our Customer Service department first, which then needs to be forwarded to Technical Support. This adds more waiting time. For any technical question, it is more efficient to open a Support Ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

And as mentioned above, some messages can get caught by spam filters.

Please bear with us, we are working hard to improve the response speed.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• The Customer Service has been atrocious from this company. I am filing a charge back from my credit card company, I would recommend other customers do the same.

• Dominic from Fanatec has reached out to me and it is clear that the communication has stopped due to some kind of an email problem. The proces towards a sollution has been restarted so I am confident things will work out now.

• i am yet another one. im going to give it one more day and paypal dispute here i come. this is so much fun by the way (sarcasm).