Couldn't Update Firmware on GT DD Pro and How I solved It

Hello, just received my new Gran Turismo DD Pro base, wheel etc. I wasn't able to update the firmware but was eventually able to solve the issue. I'm posting this here in case someone else has the same issue and hopefully this may help.

I thought maybe the issue came down to some kind of interference from windows security. To try and tackle this I did the following:

• Reinstalled the Fanatec Driver Software, this time I did not use the default c:\program files directory as windows can sometimes be picky with how programs in that directory work. I installed it on a different hard drive.
  • Excluded the Fanatec Driver Software folder (in my case now E:\Program Files\Fanatec) from Windows Defender.

Voila, after taking taking these steps the firmware updated with no further issues and I cancelled my support ticket.

Hopefully this can be helpful to someone else at some time.

Comments

• Ok thanks going to try a lot of people have same issue....🙏

• This is how I got mine to work as well, but still in the default folder. Even though no messages were coming up (window would always just say not responding) it would just stay frozen. As soon as I excluded the Fanatec folder from Windows Defender (easy to Google and do) everything worked as it should.

• Mario Caste'Mario Caste' Member
    edited April 2022

ciao a tutti, ho anch'io lo stesso problema, come si esclude la cartella Fanatec da windows defender ?...

sono 10 giorni che lo ho ricevuto e ancora non ho potuto utilizzarlo

grazie anticipatamente

• Hello, open Windows Security, click on virus and threat protection, look for virus and threat protection settings and click on manage settings. Look for exclusions, then click Add or remove exclusions. Click "+ Add an exclusion", then "folder", the search for the folder where you installed the Fanatec Driver Software and select it. Reboot your computer and that should now work.

English youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-6mJ7QdroA

Italian Google translate:

Ciao, apri Sicurezza di Windows, fai clic su Protezione da virus e minacce, cerca le impostazioni di protezione da virus e minacce e fai clic su Gestisci impostazioni. Cerca le esclusioni, quindi fai clic su Aggiungi o rimuovi esclusioni. Fai clic su "+ Aggiungi un'esclusione", quindi su "cartella", cerca la cartella in cui hai installato il Fanatec Driver Software e selezionala. Riavvia il computer e ora dovrebbe funzionare.