Customer Services! Are you all on Holiday?

Not normally one to post like this but patience is wearing a bit thin with the lack of response from customer support. For a product that costs close to £1000 all in, that was faulty from day 1, its disgusting and completely unacceptable.

How can anyone possibly recommend this company going forward? Absolutely taking the piss waiting days and days for a response to a support ticket or subsequent reply to their requests for videos/troubleshooting... how much do you think my time is worth to me ffs.

/rant 🤬🤬 looking at a very expensive door stop right now after waiting for weeks and weeks for delivery!!

Comments

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited April 2022

hmmm 😲

• you're right, totally unacceptable

• Typically an hour later i got a response from support after a weeks wait since my last email to them... 🤦‍♂️ I will muster up some more patience and pray a replacement pedal set works out of the box.

FWIW support have been helpful when they eventually respond so credit is due there but it screams out they are too busy to handle the number of requests they are getting. Time for senior management to step up and hire more staff!!

• Totally agree with u, I bought GT DD Pro bundle with F1 Esports V2, bundle is ok, but when I pop the wheel up, the base can't recognise it.

I wrote to support on Monday night, hoping they'll get back to me asap, cause it is a out of the box product, and for now, I paid a lot for nothing.

• I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds customer service... weird 😀

this is by far the worst i´ve ever seen...

• Update:

😲 😲😲 RMA collection arranged for tomorrow. Was not expecting that at all.

1h and 45 minutes from initial RMA email to collection time arranged so credit where its due that is outstanding!!

• lee spinkslee spinks Member
    edited April 2022

sooo lol after spending a lot of money with these cheese eating surrender monkeys "Fanatec", i found that the customer service is pitiful at best, no phone number to contact them, no way of contacting them to get a satisfactory resolution to issue on quality and or unit failure, ant the outrageous prices for the items and the delivery charges and delivery times levee a lot to be desired, also the pre order system which is at best wonky, and the constant oh sorry its a computer error, oh and if you don’t like it go somewhere else comments from them..... well i did and i have to say that Digital motor sports is epic, they don’t sell items they don’t have, they have a customer service number that to my amazement was only 3 rings before a very helpful chap answered the phone, and sorted me out there and then with no issue or hassle or lie's unlike fanatec, my second rig has flight sim equipment on it and this morning i ordered a hotas wharthog which will be delivered tomorrow from Ireland, i had a quick conversation with him about supplying me with cube equipment for my second rig and low and behold i can have anything that’s in stock by tomorrow, also they do stock fanatec and if you order from them they sort out any issues rather than going to fanatec, it also turns out that he said that I’m the 4th or 5th person today to comment on the fanatec failure..... go figure, so in future i will be using digital motor sports for my sim gear.

• When I was commenting for the lads at Digital Motorsports everyone were like to better buy from the source etc etc and if something happens and blah blah blah.

The lads there are totally amazing, and because of their approach and attitude grew up so fast without loosing their initial push on every detail.

Kudos to the guys there.

I think if people were buying from the few official resellers (instead of trying to save a few bucks and buy direct from the company), they would be more "happy" plus it would take off more of the workload created to fanatec and everything would be smooth.

Fanatec from their side, should also try to recognize more companies that are hardworking knowledgeable guys and driven by passion for any kind of motorsport (from sims, up to real life) like the guys in DM and not trying to do everything by them selves. Or else they have to step up their game a bit, especially on customer / tech support side that after the release and deliveries of a new product they seem to swamp from emails, getting very busy and in result delays are created.

• What base/pedals are you using in both your rigs now?

I am thinking of another base/pedal... ☺️

• Are DM actually official distributors? I know Maurice has claimed that there are no official Fanatec Distributors on this forum but he may be mistaken on that. He has not corrected those statements though which I would have expected he might if this information is incorrect. DM claim that they are official distributors on their website but no way of knowing if that is correct or not. Both claims obviously cannot be true. :-)

I agree that Fanatec aren't helping themselves by pursuing the direct to customer model. I would love to see them drop this and move to normal retail distribution.

• So I put my order in with digital motor sports yesterday at 11am and yes I did express my order and this turned up at 11:29am today, so I will not be using fanatec again, DM Have super good customer service and are contactable and you get your order in great time.

fanatec might want to take note.

• is that a Fanatec base?

• lee spinkslee spinks Member
    edited April 2022

Lol no this was a test purchase it’s a warthog throttle and joystick, around £450, ish, I asked about fanatec and cube and the delivery time is the same as long as it’s in stock, my second rig is for guests to race against and it’s also my flight sim, it’s currently got csl DD v3 pedals and gt3 v2 wheel,f1 esport’s and csl elite wrc wheel, which I will be selling all the fanatec equipment I have as soon as I replace it with cube base and wheel and Asetek SimSports Invicta Pedals.

• Update:

Pedals were collected today! \o/ Hopefully it won't take 10+ days to review and send a replacement but i'm not holding my breath

• I think the truth is hidden somewhere between the difference of the wordings and meanings of distributor, retailer and reseller. 😉

• Digital Motorsport say they are official distributors. They are reselling to retail customers. I'm a fraud the distinction is beyond my comprehension. It would be good to hear an official line on this.

• i think this is what your looking for https://digital-motorsports.com/collections/fanatec it stated here they are offical distributior for fanatec.

• when i spoke to DM on the phone i was told that they sort out any issues with fanatec equpiment and then its passed back to fanatec, so i guess its definate that they are offical, i will ask next time i call them.

• Yes they are doing so.

Very quick and efficient. 😎

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited April 2022

Fanatec knows their CS have been swamped and I am sure they have been trying to expand but getting new staff with the knowledge required is not easy.

Having an official approved representative in another country may be the way to go once your sales go above a certain level.

• Got bored of waiting and staring at a very expensive paperweight so ordered the 3 pedal kit from DM. Arrived this afternoon \o/

at least once my original bundle pedals get RMAd (they arrived at centre in London on Friday last week), i'll have a spare set, one with LC and one without...

• It would seem that DM are far better at organising there stock and impress me each time I have used them, in my personal opinion fanatec have gotten way to big for their boot’s, and one thing I did notice that they are getting into motor sports, and I think they have under estimated the demand, and it seems like the customer base has to suffer.

• Non bundle pedal set from DM is working as expected, halefuckingluyah!.

• edited April 2022

Finally got an email today stating that my replacement pedals are in “warehouse processing“ status.

Not managed much time on the sim rig due to some house reno work but the standard CSL pedals i got from DM have worked fine every time. Seems its the load cell that likely killed my original set.

I'm not a fan of the standard CSL brake pedal though so would really like the load cell to work with my replacement pedals (with the elastomer mod maybe for more* pedal feel). That said i do wonder how many standard CSL pedal modules I'd have to go through before it works an intended

29 days since original support email before i got a replacement dispatch notification, although yet to receive them. In hindsight, a month for an RMA is not that bad....not great, but not bad.

• Replacement pedals arrived today. Connected up to the load cell and they're working as expected, at least for the few laps on GT7 i did. Happy days, hopefully they stay this way :)