CSL DD non compatibility with PS5

I dont know exactly on how to start this off but here it goes..

I got my CSL DD around November last year. The CSL DD Pro got announced in February 2022. All cool so far.

Out of recent luck, i got my hands on a PS5 with GT7. Only to find out my Wheelbase isnt usable on PS5. So either, I play with Controller, while sitting next to my Setup like a sad Blobb, or i buy on a Technical Level same Wheelbase i already have, just to be able to play GT7. Or i go ahead, and buy a third party Product called Drivehub witch A. costs too much, for it not working 100% all the Time and properly.

If some Hobby Programmers are able to make my Wheelbase work on a PS5, why is it, that Fanatec isnt able to sell an Adapter, Software, or some kind of Link, so i can use my Wheelbase on the PS5 too. Why do i have to either resort to janky 3rd Party Hardware, or have to spend another 600€ On the same Wheelbase i already own.

To be brutally honest, it really bothers the hell out of me. And i wont buy one of those Plastic Bombers called Logitech or Thrustmaster wheels. Thats for sure.

I really wish and hope Fanatec comes around and provides something for this issue, even if it costs 200+, but it really seems like i need to resort to 3rd Party Hardware. And I really, really dont wanna do that tbh.

Comments