My new DD1 won't connect, shuts down all USBs when turned on

I received my new DD1 and wheel right before Easter - so excited to spend four days trying it out - then devastated because it won't connect to PC. When I turn it on the screen on the wheelbase says connected in PC mode, but I lose access to the mouse, keybord and anything else attached to a USB port on the computer, and the Fanatec software can't see the wheel either. It connects fine to my wife's laptop, so why doesn't it like my sim racing PC? Has anyone else seen this issue?

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Chris,

Perhaps the issue is with your USB controller on the motherboard, or something strange going on with the front I/O if you're using that. I'd try every USB port you have to see if one of them works. The fact is works on a laptop suggests the isn't an issue with the Fanatec hardware, but you are welcome to open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account in case we can offer further troubleshooting advice.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I have the same problem with my DD Pro, unfortunately we have to wait for some miracle from Fanatec, let's wait.